Chapter Twenty Nine | Stalker Vibes

Apparently Max decided to avoid the cafe that evening so I didn't see either one of them during my shift

Apparently Max decided to avoid the cafe that evening so I didn't see either one of them during my shift. However, that didn't stop me from see other familiar faces that day.

I got down to work easily and served a few customers. There was a regular flow of customers. It wasn't too busy but it wasn't too quiet. It was just right.

It wasn't until late afternoon that I saw Ashton. He was seated outside by himself with an empty chair across him. It was most peculiar as I only saw Ashton with his teammate whenever he came to the cafe.

His face was in his hands whilst he shook his leg. He seemed to be deep in thought, ignoring everyone around him. I wonder what's wrong?

I decided to leave him for a bit before approaching him to see if he was alright. I went back to work, serving up a few orders and collecting bills. I was at the cashier, collecting change for one of the tables before I went to Ashton.

At this point, he seemed to be checking his watch every few seconds, his leg still shaking. What was he waiting for?

I felt compelled to go and find out. Once I was done giving change to my customers, someone blocked my view with their hands. Not this again.

Instead of entertaining the person, I pulled away to see who decided to bother me at work. This isn't exactly the most appropriate place to mess about.

"Calvin! What are you doing?" I scolded. I swatted his hands out of the way.

"I was having fun! I called your name once I walked in but you seemed distracted. So I decided to plan a sneak attack," he explained. He held his arms up in surrender. He seems to be surrendering a lot today.

"Well don't do that whilst I'm working. Now what can I get you?" I guided him to one of my empty tables.

"Two chocolate milkshakes," he ordered before continuing, "but seriously what had you so distracted?"

"Well... Did you see Ashton outside?" I questioned.

"Yeah," he nodded.

"Well he looks a bit troubled so I was going to find out what's wrong before you disturbed him..."

"Oh, well you shouldn't," he responded.

"Why?"

"Go grab my order and wait with me. You'll see," he demanded.

I huffed but went to get the milkshakes. I was curious to see what was going to happen. In the mean time I tried to stop myself from going over to Ashton and demanding answers. Yep, that's the only reason I'm listening is because I know Calvin will probably drag me away.