Chapter Twenty Four | W-what?

I would've slept through a whole day if it wasn't to do with the fact my mum woke me in the afternoon

I would've slept through a whole day if it wasn't to do with the fact my mum woke me in the afternoon. I wasn't ready for the world and I could do with a bit more sleep. My mum woke me to tell me she was going grocery shopping and ask if I wanted anything. Why didn't she ask me last night? I could've slept some more.

Eventually I felt hungry enough to get out of bed and have breakfast or should I say brunch. I poured myself some cereal and pondered on all the homework I had to do. Instead of diving into the pile of homework I had, I decided to procrastinate. Do you blame me?

I returned upstairs and looked around my room for something else to do aside from going back to sleep. I even went as far as emptying out my bag from the sleepover. Maybe I should clean my room?

I was about to start cleaning when I picked up another one of Emily's books. I should really return the other two books that I've finished. I just didn't feel like changing clothes and socialising. Maybe later.

Instead I picked up another book and started to read it.

I was going to be late. I was never late. I ran into the school building and straight to my classroom. I walked into class just as the bell went. I was flustered as a few people cast questioning looks in my direction.

I quickly took my seat in the front as the English teacher began class. The teacher pretty much hated everyone so the class was usually silent unless people were in the mood to cause trouble and by people I mean Hunter. I turned to see he was sleeping in the back of the class. No wonder we were actually getting work done.

We were doing Romeo and Juliet. Apparently today we would start a project which would count as 40% of our final grade this term. I hope I'd get a good partner. I needed to maintain my average A.

"Okay everyone! I've picked your partners for this next project. You have 3 months to perfect 2 scenes with your partner," the teacher dictated. The whole class groaned. I don't even know why they're acting surprised when this happened every time.

He read off a list of pairs. I internally groaned as I realised that I was paired with Hunter. As few girl glared in my direction from jealousy. I ignored them as I shuffled towards the back.

"Oh come and have a seat princess. I don't bite... hard," Hunter said with a smirk. I glared at him and sat down.

"What scene are we going to do and where are we going to practice?" I questioned.

"You can pick the scenes and at my house," Hunter said before putting his head down on the desk to sleep. Why didn't he take this seriously? He could spoil my perfect record! I needed to maintain my A grade.