Chapter 13

Dre POV

I grabbed Erin's arm and snatched her back behind me. I punched the dude in his face and he grabbed his nose. Erin grabbed my arm and hit me on the back. I turned around and saw it was India - boobs and all.

"Girl got damn, cover up!" she pulled the robe shut.

"Dre you supposed to be dead!"

"What? Fuck you talking 'bout?"

"That's what Erin thinks. She been around here moping and shit, looking like a crackhead."

"What? Aw man," I stroked my waves with my right hand, back to front.

"Yeah."

"Is my face aight?" the dude asked India.

"Hell nah, you look like Kermit the Frog! Get the fuck out my house," I said to him. "India why the fuck you got Erin's robe on? And got your hair done like Erin?"

"Quit asking me all these questions."

"Nigga this my house, fuck you mean?"

"And who the fuck are you? Asking me who I am, nigga this my house! Fuck you mean? Get the fuck on 'cause I hate to have to whoop a nigga ass tonight," Erin said, talking fast outside - Southside all day!

"Oh shit," India mumbled.

"India!" Erin called to her. "India who the fuck told you to have a nigga up in my house! I'ma whoop your --" she stopped dead in her tracks when she saw me.

She dropped her purse and began crying. I walked up to her and picked her up. "You missed me, huh?"

"Yes! I love you baby," she cried with her head resting on my shoulder.

"I love and missed you, too."

"Where were you?"

"Mexico," I said shaking my head, still holding her.

"Yeah and you can call Donovan before me!" she started hitting me.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," I said laughing. She wiped her tears.

"Aw," India said.

"You know what? Bitch get out," Erin said. We all started laughing.

"You want me to get the kids so y'all can do whatever or,"

"Hell no!" me and Erin said at the same time. "Don't wake my babies up," Erin said.

"Man whatever," she said rolling her eyes.

I kissed Erin then took her up to our room and locked the door.

Erin POV

I'm so happy that my baby's back! Now I can stop being depressed and looking a mess. I missed him so much. All of us did really. When Marr saw his daddy, he was all over him!

"Can we go out today?" Marr asked.

"Go where?" I asked him, fixing his tie.

"Swimming, we ain't even gotta go out."

"Marr it's still cool outside," I picked up my Alma Louis Vuitton.

"What we gonna do then? I don't want to be bored when we get out of church ma, for real."

I shook my head at him, "Why you so grown?" he shrugged his shoulders.

Kylynn grabbed her daddy's hand and Marr followed me outside. People were being social outside of the church but Dre was just ready to go. A lot of people at church don't give him a break because of his past in Atlanta. That explains why we don't come often.

"Well I haven't seen you guys in some months," Claire, the pastor's sister said. Dre sighed heavily.

"You so ugly," Marr blurted out.

"De'Marr!" I fussed at him. He walked over to his daddy.

"So Dre, I hear you're backtracking," she said referring to recent events.

"Man you don't even know me,"

"Dre'Shaun, how you been?" Pastor Wilkins asked, walking up to us.

"Good sir," Dre replied.

"That's good, I'm glad to see y'all."

"I am, too," his wife said. "Do you guys have plans? We were going to Golden Corral, would y'all mind joining us?"

"I don't mind," Dre said. "I could eat. You wanna go baby?"

"Sure," I replied.

"Well it's one fifteen now so let's meet at two. I need to go get into something more comfortable."

"Alright, see y'all then."

Dre put the kids in the back then got in, starting the Range Rover.

"Claire is such a pain in the ass," I said.

"That bitch be working my nerves bae."

"Watch your mouth Dre."

"Yes ma'am," he said getting on the freeway.

"Hey ma, can I get some chocolate covered strawberries when we get there?" Marr asked.

"After you finish your food, yeah."

When we pulled up to the house, my phone went off, letting me know I had a text. I pulled it out and saw it wasn't a saved number. I'll get to it later.

I changed into a pair of light wash jeans, a white v-neck and brown Oxfords. I got my phone and went downstairs, setting the alarm and walking out.

I was starting to cut Marr's steak for him when I felt someone looking at me. If I just start looking around, Dre's gonna get suspicious so I'll just leave it alone.

I slid Marr his plate and took a bite out of my roll. Dre winked at me and grabbed my hand under the table. He kissed my cheek and I smiled.

"You blushing? Aw, I still make you blush bae?"

"Shut up Dre," I said still blushing. He chuckled and continued conversing with Pastor Wilkins.

"I need you to touch me up Erin 'cause honey this ain't gonna work," Sister Wilkins said to me.

"Yes ma'am, you can come through between twelve and twelve thirty tomorrow."

"Please make sure you do," Pastor joked, all of us laughed.

"Hush because I will sit your stuff at the doorstep, you'll be sleeping at the church."

"Why it gotta be all that?" he asked. She put her hand up and he kissed it.

Dre and Pastor paid then we walked outside. I saw a red Bentley pull up and park close to our truck. Why does that car look familiar?

The driver turned the car off and stepped out. I turned my head when I saw that it was Tyson. He's the type that's says whatever comes to mind - he's almost as bad as Marr!

I grabbed Dre's hand, trying to pull him towards the truck but him and Pastor were still joking around. I just put my head down.

"Erin why you in such a rush?" Dre asked me, "I know you ain't gotta use it, we just ate."

"Dre!" I hit him. "No!"

"Erin?" I turned around to see Shaun standing a bit close. I took a step back.

"Hi Tyson," I said.

"Wassup girl? You never got back to me with those divorce papers."

"Tyson, this isn't the time," I mumbled.

"You still with this kid? Hmph," he replied.

"Excuse me? I think you got me confused --"

"Nah, I don't," Tyson cut Dre off. "Did you lie your way back in again?"

"Tyson!" I said to him. If Pastor wasn't here, Dre would be all in Tyson's ass.

"Erin come on," Dre said through clenched teeth.

"Baby," I said stopping him.

"Don't make me show out in front of these people," he whispered into my ear. Damn!

We walked into the house and I sat down in the den with the kids. Dre called my name from the top of the staircase. I turned the volume up on the TV.

"Daddy called you," Marr said.

"I know, watch TV."

"Well why won't you answer him?"

"Why you asking twenty-one questions?" I asked back. He put his head in my lap and continued to watch TV.

"Erin you ain't hear me calling you?" Dre asked, now at the entrance of the den.

"What's up?"

"Come here," he said. I sighed heavily then got up and followed him up to our master bedroom. I sat down out the bed.

"What's wrong?" I asked. He looked at me like I was crazy.

"What's wrong? What was that at the restaurant?"

"I don't know," I shrugged.

"Nigga you know! Why he know our business? Why you even made him comfortable enough to say some shit like that?"

"I don't know," I said again.

"Oh you don't know?"

"No."

"You a fucking liar!"

"No I'm not!"

"Who you getting loud with?" he asked.

"Motherfucker you getting loud with me!"

"I got a right to. I'm a grown ass man and you got another man coming at me! He don't even know me!"

"You damn sure ain't acting like a grown ass man,"

"How am I acting then Erin? Huh?"

"You don't even wanna know," I said looking away.

"Say it! Go ahead!" he paused. "Cat got your tongue?"

"Like a female!" I replied, irritated.

He started pacing back and forth. Oh shit, I need to keep my mouth closed. Hey, it's done now though.

I got up and started walking towards the door. I grabbed the door knob and Dre grabbed me, pushing me into the wall.

"Chill out Dre," I said calmly.

"Chill?"

"Yes, chill." he just stood there. "Tired of this shit," I mumbled.

"Tired of what? Huh?"

"You acting like a lil bitch!'

He picked me up and roughly threw me onto our California king bed. I tried to get up and he pinned me down, gripping my neck.

"Don't you ever fucking call me out my name!"

"Get your hands off me!"

"Shut up!"

"Shut up? Nigga who is you?"

"Shut up Erin! Don't make me --"

"What? Hit me?" I waited on a response. "Do it then Dre! Hit me!'

My phone started ringing and we stared at each other momentarily. Please don't let it be Tyson! Dre went into my pocket and pulled my phone out.

"Why the fuck this nigga calling you Erin?"

"Who?"

"Tyson!"

"I don't know," I said to him.

He nodded his head then reared back and threw my phone at the wall. My phone cracked, falling to the floor. I looked at his face and for the first time in my life, I feared Dre.

I ran towards the door and he snatched me back again. "No! Dre please!" I pleaded. I hope he isn't about to do what I think he is.

"Shut up with that screaming shit!" he took me into the closet and shut the door. I began crying. What happened to my Dre? I don't know this person standing in front of me.

Dre POV

I pulled up to the house from the liquor store. I need this Hennessy more than anything right now. Yesterday was horrible, I can't stop thinking about it. Erin was probably cheating on me with that nigga.

I went into Marr's room and didn't see him. I opened Kylynn's door and didn't find her either. I looked for Erin and didn't find her. Maybe they gone to the store or something.

Several hours passed. I stood up, barely catching myself from falling. I looked at the clock on the stove: 10:34 P.M.

Where the hell they at? I grabbed my phone and unlocked it. I clicked on Erin's contact and put the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" Marr answered.

"What's up lil man?"

"What you want?"

"Hold on, who you think you talking to?"

"You!"

"Lil boy I'm your daddy!"

"No you not! Don't call back!" he hung up in my face.

"Fuck!" I yelled, hitting the wall.

I called Erin's daddy and he answered. "Hello?"

"What's up pops?"

"Pops? Nigga don't try to act, I know what happened."

"What?"

"Yeah but we gon' link up sooner or later, know that."

"Erin lying to you," I said to him.

"Her black eye is your meal ticket for a trip down the river. Sink or swim lil bitch."

With that, he hung up. I stumbled up the staircase and packed my bags. I gotta get to Atlanta.