Chapter 2 (bathtime)

The frightening cuckoo clock sounded alarming the children that their aunt would be here soon.

As if right on time they heard their aunt burst through the door ready to tell everyone (including the neighbours if she could) about the journey.

All of a sudden nana gave Michael a look he knew all to well , he took off sprinting down the hall nana hot on his tail.

Michaels speed being no match for nanas, she managed to flip Michael onto her back and dump him into the bath.

Grace who was watching all this happen from the top of this stairs was laughing at the regular routine.

She glanced down to her parents and shocked aunt the only reply to be was "bath time" she said with a smile.

" My my look at you my dear " her aunt exclaimed "you've grown into a fine young lady, look at you exact features as your mother".

Being told she looked like her mother was probably the best compliment aunt Millicent has ever given her."

Right then Grace, my dear, do me a favour and round up the troops and meet us down stairs in the lounge".

Her dad always did give her the responsibility of getting everyone together, probably because the boys and nana for that matter were to scared to go against grace when they knew she meant business

."Yes sir" Grace laughed as she fake saluted to her father."Quite the charmer isn't she"Aunt Millicent's voice soon faded.

Grace walked into the nursery to see John jumping on the bed Michael with his shirt on the wrong way and Wendy trying to get control of both of them. "ALRIGHT YOU LOT QUITE DOWN."

It was rare that grace shouted so when she did one was to be afraid "honestly could you not survive without me for 2 minutes"

Grace grabbed one of johns legs so he fell and was now sitting on the bed instead on standing on it.

She walked over to Michael fixed his shirt and was now starting to comb his hair.

" Now we are going to behave and be the quiet respectable children our parents think we are okay ? whilst secretly counting down the hours that aunt Millicent's carriage arrives to take her back to where she came from"Grace said pulling at the knots in Michaels hair.

John stopped messing with his toy sword and looked at her "Ohh darling Gracie do you not like being told what a fine young lady you've grown into" putting on a fake very posh British accent.

Grace stopped what she was doing and looked at her brother "I'll give you 4 seconds" looking at her brother with a very straight face "wait what"

John was very confused as to what was happening "4" "3" 2" on the second last second John sprinted out of the room with grace close behind followed by Wendy Michael and nana to see what would happen.

As they raced down the stairs they bumped into their father who looked displeased but a smile was to be seen on his face.

"Grace, I told you to fetch the troops .. Not wild animals" Grace smiled up at her father laughed and said "I couldn't find them .. thought you'd prefer the wild animals instead."

Mr Darling laughed at his oldest daughter." Right you lot your mother is by the piano waiting"

All the children (and nana) followed Mr darling into the lounge.

HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED
⭐️NEVER GROW UP⭐️