Chapter five (the different kinds of bravery)

Later that night all the children were now lying in their beds with Nanna barking at the window as their parents were getting ready to go out.

"Mother,can anything harm us after the night lights are lit"Michael asked.

"No precious they are the eyes a mother leaves behind to guard her children" Mrs Darling softly explained.

"Mother must you go to the party"Grace was prepared to beg her mother to stay in tonight but did not mind her father leaving one bit after the scene he caused tonight.

"Yes mother you don't have to go father can go by himself"both boys were very much in agreement to what Grace was asking.

"By himself ? Your father is a brave man , but he is going to need the special kiss to face his colleagues tonight"Mrs Darling tried to explain to her children.

"Father.. brave" Grace almost spat out almost in disgust.Mrs darling looked at her children in slight disappointment before telling them

"They're many different kinds of bravery, there's the bravery of thinking of others before ones self.Your father has made a lot of sacrifices for his family.. and put away many dreams.and that is why he is brave."

All was quiet in the few hours that had passed but Grace had woke with a start when she heard pieces of a doll house been thrown about the nursery.

Half asleep seeing nothing in the room she fell right back onto her pillow going back to sleep.

Little did she know and never would she have guessed that it was a tiny fairy that was messing up the room and fumbling around in the drawers in the search for something.

Grace eventually woke up to a pretty blonde boy crying at the end of her bed.

"Boy.. why are you crying"Grace questioned. Peter clearly was not expecting any of the children to wake up but with a sharp gasp he was now flying and pressing himself against the ceiling.

Grace looked over at Wendy who had still somehow managed to remain asleep and then looked back up at the boy.

"You can fly"Grace said in an amazed voice.Peter being the gentleman he is flew back down to ground and bowed to the girl in front of him.

Grace laughed and quickly got out of her bed to curtesy."what is your name??"Grace sounded a little too excited."what is your name"Peter responded just as the last word hit her lips."Grace Madelyn Marie Darling" Grace smiled.. "Peter .. Pan""where do you live"

Grace asked moving closer to the boy."second to the right and straight on til morning"The boy exclaimed."they put that on the letters?"

Grace had never heard of such a place."Don't get any letters" The boy shrugged "But your mother gets letter" the two went back and forth "Don't have a mother" Peter said almost as if it were nothing.

Graces face dropped "no wonder you were crying"She said in a sad voice.

"I wasn't crying because of mothers !! I was crying because I couldn't get the shadow to stick ! And I wasn't crying"Peter huffed out.

Grace sat down beside Peter and laughed as he battled with his shadow , he seemed to smile at her as well he had never seen such beauty up close before.

"I Could sew it on for you"Grace exclaimed. Peter looked reluctant and his shadow pulled his back into the board of the bed in fear while grace went to get the needle.

ITS BEEN SO LONG SINCE IVE UPDATED IM GONNA TRY AND UPDATE MORE OFTEN REALLY HOPE YOU GUYS ARE ENJOYING THIS STORY AND I BEG THAT YOU GUYS FOLLOW COMMENT AND VOTE MUCH APPRECIATED

⭐️NEVER GROW UP⭐️