BONUS CHAPTER

"Hold on"

"For what?"

"Just hold on"

"Why?"

"Yaseer shut up please" she takes the phone off her ear to view the incoming call. It was an international number "I'll call you back later I have to pick this"

"Who is it?"

"It's None-o-ya business"

"Now my curiosity has multiplied"

She chuckled "It's just Zee"

"I haven't talked to her in a while" he mused

"Neither have I now if you don't leave me alone I can't answer her call"

"Why do I have to leave, I was here first"

"You're ridiculous you know that?"

"Just add her here. I want to say hi"

"Alright" she brings the phone back in her view before making it a three way call. "Zee, you're on with Yaseer and I"

"Oh. Hi Yaseer" they exchange greetings before Laila interrupts

"Okay, you've said your hi. Get out; I want to talk to her"

"That is no way to talk to your fiancé missy"

"I can't believe you guys' date has been fixed" Zee laughed then teased them "When it's near, the three of us are going to have a lot of work to do. We'll plan the biggest wedding anyone has ever seen, what do you guys think?"

They both yell out "No!" at the same time

Zee laughed.

"I've had my share of wedding planning to last me a lifetime" Laila sighed "We're doing it the old fashioned way, let the old people take care of it"

"Who'd have ever thought you could say that" Zee laughed at her friends

XXX

Laila was rinsing the bowls they'd used for fruit salad in the kitchen when he came in. She looked at him briefly, acknowledging his presence with a small smile before turning back to the sink.

"They're almost all gone" he pointed back to the living room where his friends had been

She nodded

"Sorry" he walked deeper into the kitchen, his hands in his pocket "I hope tonight wasn't too much work"

She placed the last of the bowls to dry, dried her hands with the towel before turning to him, smiling at the sincere expression on his face. She still couldn't believe she was married to the guy. Three days was still not enough time for her brain to comprehend it. Yesterday he had asked her if it was okay for him to have a few friends over for dinner. Five friends quickly turned into ten before morphing into fifteen. Turns out; everyone from his primary school friends to his boarding school friends to his work friends wanted to see the great Yaseer being a husband. And she didn't blame them. She was still getting used to it herself and she was the wife.

She walked to him and gently squeezed his arm reassuringly. She ignored the warning signals in her brain telling her to move far away from him as touching him was wrong, even he had a brief expression of surprise on his face when she touched him. Seeing as how both their brains hadn't come to terms with the new laws between them; it's obvious they hadn't done it yet.

The kitchen door opened and Mukhtar walked in. He being the last of the 'friends' to leave had come to say goodnight to Yaseer. Mukhtar frowned as he saw his sister's hand on Yaseer's arm, the two of them smiling at each other