Chapter 1: Lost Jungle

Lost Jungle Zone 4 p.m.

With a sudden flash of light, Shadow and Rouge were standing in front of the Lost Jungle Zone. "Here we go!" Rouge said. The Team start to search for the Emerald as a pair of green eyes followed their every move.

After 10 minutes Rouge asked "Can you sense the location of the Emerald, Shadow?" "No, maybe if we're near it, but for now I can't sense anything." he answered her. Rouge was looking into the sky. "I hope we'll find the Emerald before it gets dark." Rouge thought as she suddenly bumped into Shadow. "Ouch! ... Sorry, I was lost in my thoughts when I looked into the sky." Rouge apologized. "Hmph. Then stop looking into the sky and start looking for the Emerald!" Shadow hissed. She rolled her eyes and started flying. "Why did you stop anyway?" Rouge asked. "Look in front of you and you'll know it!" he said. Before them was a huge swamp. "OH ...... Do you want me to fly you over?" Rouge asked. "No, I'll jump from rock to rock and will look if the Emerald is somewhere in the water. You can also start flying and look for the Chaos Emerald." Shadow said. "I'm already doing!" she said back.

Rouge flew over the swamp when she suddenly saw a crocodile, which was swimming in Shadow's direction. "Shadow, look out" Rouge yelled. Shadow turned around to look at the reptile, as suddenly the crocodile jumped out of the water. Shadow jumped into the water in time to avoid being eaten alive. As the crocodile realized that it missed its prey it turn around to look for it. But the reptile couldn't find the hedgehog and dived again. "That was close!" Rouge said with joy in her voice. "Cough, cough ... Yeah! ... Cough" Shadow said. "I think we should look for a place to sleep and make a campfire so you'll be dry again." Rouge said with a sly smile on her face. "I guess you're right. And why are you laughing?" Shadow asked. "Um ... I was just thinking of something funny ... Hahaha" she said laughing. "Hmph. Whatever!" he replied. "He looks funny when he's wet" Rouge thought laughing.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lost Jungle Zone 9 p.m.

They finally found a place for the night and tried to make a fire. After 10 minutes they finally did it. "Who takes the first guard?" Rouge asked as they sat side by side in front of the fire. "I'll take the first. After all, I don't need as much sleep as you." Shadow replied. "Fine with me." said Rouge.

After about five minutes she fell asleep and Shadow was looking into the fire when suddenly he heard something rustling in the bushes. He stand up and followed the sounds, but to his surprise there were only two squirrels. Shadow turned around to go back to the fireplace. When he was a few steps away a pair of green eyes followed his every move again. Shadow thought that someone was staring at him and turned to the bushes again, but he saw nothing and went on. "I could have sworn that someone was watching me." He thought. The green-eyed guy smiled and you could see its sharp teeth.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lost Jungle Zone 7 a.m.

Rouge was looking at Shadow. "He looks kinda cute when he's asleep." Rouge thought. She was looking at him since she wakes up and that was half an hour ago. "Why are you staring at me?" Shadow asked with his eyes still closed. "Has the prince finally awakened? ... I had nothing better to do." she said with a huge smile on her face. "Hmph!" Shadow replied. "I thought you would wake me up at 2 a.m.! Why didn't you?" she asked. "I guess I fell asleep against midnight." he said. "Whatever, since you're awake now we can continue with our search for the Chaos Emerald, right?" Rouge asked. "Then let's get going!" Shadow replied.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lost Jungle Zone 1 p.m.

The green-eyed guy is still following the Team but neither of them had noticed him. "How huge is this place?" Rouge asked exhausted. "Even after the thirtieth time of asking I still don't know it, Rouge!" Shadow answered annoyed. Rouge was looking into the sky as she suddenly bumped into Shadow ... again. "Ouch!" she said. "Can you please watch were you're going! If you bump on more time into me I'll ..." hissed Shadow. "Um ... Shadow ... Is something wrong?" Rouge asked a bit worried. "I can sense the Chaos Emerald! ... This way!" Shadow said as he began to run. "Hey! Wait for me!" Rouge shouted also beginning to run.

After a twenty minute run they came to a cave and Shadow stopped in front of it. "Let me guess, the Chaos Emerald is in this cave." Rouge said, who arrived a minute later. "Guessed correctly. Let's go!" Shadow replied.