Chapter 11: The photo

two days later, Tails' guestroom 2 a.m.

Shadow turned around in his bed and said "No, I will not." Rouge woke up and looked to Shadows bed. "I think he has a nightmare again." Rouge thought and walked to Shadows bed. She laid down beside him and put her arm around Shadow. Shadow stopped turning around and  after two minutes Rouge fell asleep. Shadow woke up and noticed that someone lay beside him. He knew that Rouge was beside him and closed his eyes again.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Tails' kitchen 8 a.m.

Amy was cooking pancakes and Sonic watched her. "The pancakes are almost finished. Would you be so kind to get Tails, Shadow and Rouge." Amy asked and put the last pancake on a plate. "Sure, but I can't get Tails because he's at Creams place." Sonic replied. "Why is he at Creams place?" Amy asked. "Cream invited him to a tea party." Sonic replied and Amy said "They are so sweet together." "Yeah, they would be a great couple. ... I'll get Shadow and Rouge." Sonic said and ran off.

Sonic opened the door of the guestroom and saw that Rouge and Shadow were in the same bad and cuddling. A grin appeared on Sonics face and he took his mobil phone. Sonic made a photo but he forgot to turn off the flash and Shadow woke up. Shadow noticed that Rouge was still beside him and that Sonic made a photo of them while they were cuddling. "I gotta go." Sonic said as he saw that Shadow know what he just did.

Sonic ran into the kitchen and Shadow was running after him. "Come back here and give me your mobil phone." Shadow yelled after him and Amy thought "What has he done this time?" "Amy ... help me!" Sonic said while running around the tabel. Rouge walked into the kitchen and stood next to Amy. "Do you know why Sonic is running away from Shadow?" Amy asked and looked at Rouge. "I don't know, I woke up as Shadow jumped out of his bed and ran after Sonic." Rouge replied and Sonic ran to the front door, which Tails already had fixed, and Shadow ran after him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

On the street infront of Tails' workshop 8:10 a.m.

Silver and Blaze were walking to Tails' workshop. "I hope Shadow is alright." Silver said while remebering what happened during the race. "Don't worry Silver. He's the ulimate liveform, Shadow will be alright." Blaze replied as Silver knocked on the frontdoor. Nobody answered the door and Silver and Blaze heard yelling from inside the house. Silver wondered if the door was locked and tried to open it. It was unlocked and Silver opened the door.

Suddenly something blue ran into Silver and gave him something in his hand. Then he ran away and a second later something black ran into Silver. Silver was now sitting on the floor and the black person ran after the blue one. Silver find out that this two persons were Sonic and Shadow. Blaze helped silver to his feet and said "Yeah ... I think Shadow is all right." "Yeah, I think so too." Silver replied. A few seconds later Amy and Rouge came running out of the house. "Where did they go." Amy and Rouge asked at the same time. "In think they ran into the forest." Blaze replied. "Thanks, see you later." Amy and Rouge said at same time. "Wait, about what are they fighting this time?" Silver asked but didn't get an answer because Amy and Rouge already disappeared.

"What do you think happened?" Blaze asked and looked in the direction the two girls ran. "I don't know." Silver said and realized that he still has sonics mobil phone in his hand. "Maybe it has something to do with Sonics mobil phone." Silver said and Blaze looked at Sonics mobil phone. Silver turned the mobile phone on and began to laugh. "What? What's so funny?" Blaze asked and took the mobile phone. She looked at the picture and saw that Shadow and Rouge were cuddling. "I think Sonic is in real trouble now." Blaze said and began to grin. "Yes, I think so too." Silver replied and both walked into Tails' workshop and wait for the other to come back.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In the forest near Tails' workshop 8:15 a.m.

Sonic still runs away from Shadow but Shadow catched up with him and pinned him against a tree. "Give me your mobil phone." Shadow commanded and gave Sonic a death glare. "I, I don't have it." Sonic replied. "Don't lie to me." Shadow said and tightened his grip. "I don't have it, I swear." Sonic said now a bit scared of Shadow. Shadow noticed that and asked "Where is it?" "I gave it to Silver as I ran past him." Sonic replied and noticed that Shadow got even angrier. Shadow was about to punch Sonic as he was interrupted by a scream. "Sonic, Shadow help." someone called and Sonic and Shadow immediately ran in the direction from where the scream came.

Amy stood there and was crying as Sonic and Shadow appeard. "Amy what's wrong?" Sonic asked and Shadows eyes widened. "It was about time that you show up Shadow." Mephiles said and would smile if he had a mouth. Rapidus held Rouge and had a knife in his hand, ready to kill the bat. "What do you want Mephiles?" Shadow asked allready knowing the answer. "You to join me." Mephiles replied. "And if you don't join me your girlfriend will die." Rapidus replied and tightened his grip. "Let her go." Sonic commanded and was about to run at him. "A step further and she is dead." Mephiles said and Shadow stopped Sonic.

"Shadow! What are you doing?" Sonic asked and Shadow turned to Mephiles. "I'll join you, but don't kill her." Shadow said and Mephiles began to laught. "No, don't join him." Rouge said and began to cry. Shadow walked up to Mephiles and Rapidus pushed Rouge to Sonic and Amy who catched her. Shadow saw that Rouge was in safety and he was about to punch Mephiles in the face but Mephiles knew that he would do this and catched his fist. In no time Shadow laid unconscious on the ground and Mephiles disappeared with Shadow and Rapidus before one of Shadows friends could come to help him.