Chapter 7: Recovering part one

At Tails' workshop 1 p.m.

Tails sat next to the table and took a scalpel. "I hope he doesn't wake up." Tails said. "Wait! What will you do with that scalpel?" Rouge asked worried. "Rouge, calm down. Tails just want to help him." Amy said. "Yes, Amy is right. He'll be all right." Sonic said as he stood next to Tails. Rouge and Amy were a bit further away and Amy was still trying to calm Rouge down.

Tails began to cut as suddenly Shadow woke up and hit someone in the face. He didn't know where he was and tried to get away from those people. Then he flew off the table and bumped onto the ground. Suddenly someone hugged him and said. "Shadow, calm down." Shadow knew that the voice belonged to Rouge and asked. "Rouge, where am I?" "You're in Tails workshop. He just wants to help you." Rouge replied. "I don't need any help. I'm perfectly fine." Shadow said. "No, you're not perfectly fine Shadow. It could be that this lizard guy poisoned you and if you don't let us help you, you'll probably die." Rouge said now crying.

At the same time Amy ran to Sonic's side and asked "Sonic! Are you alright?" "Yes I'm fine." he said as Amy helped him to get up. Everyone heard what Rouge was saying to Shadow and were wondering what Shadow will do. Rouge and Shadow looked each other in the eyes until Shadow closed his eyes and winced. Rouge saw that he grabbed his right forearm and said "Shadow, let us help you. I don't want to lose you." He opened his eyes again and nodded. "Sonic come with me, I'll make you pancakes." Amy said. "Yes pancakes. ... But why can't I just stay here? After all it's my house too." Sonic asked. "Since Shadow is awake now, I don't think that he wants to have you in here." Amy replied. Sonic looked at Shadow and asked "Seriously faker?" "Yes, she's right." Shadow replied. "All right." Sonic said a bit annoyed and went with Amy to the kitchen.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In Tails' kitchen 1:10 p.m.

"I never thought that Shadow would listen to someone else." Sonic said. "Rouge is also the only person he trusts, so why shouldn't he listen to her?" Amy said. "I think he's in love with her." Sonic said. "What makes you think that?" Amy asked. "Haven't you seen how they looked at each other? I'm sure he loves her, even though Shadow would never admit it." Sonic said. "Sonic, I have a question." Amy said. "Then ask." Sonic replied. "Whenever I run after you, you ran only as fast so that I'm not able to catch you, but not as fast that you ran away from me. Can it be that you want me to run after you?" Amy asked starring into Sonic's eyes. "Uh ... maybe." Sonic said blushing. "Does that mean ... you love me?" Amy asked. "To be honest ... yes." Sonic replied even more blushing. "Oh Sonic." Amy said and kissed Sonic. He returned the kiss and after two minutes, which felt like hours, they stopped. Sonic starred into Amy's eyes and said "But you have to promise me to keep it our little secret." "Sure." Amy replied laughing and was about to kiss Sonic again. Sonic sniffed the air and asked "Hey! ... Do you smell smoke?" "Oh shit!" Amy shouted and ran to the now burning pancakes. "What are you two doing in there?" they heard Tails asking. "Nothing! ... We only burnt the pancakes." Sonic shouted back.

Amy took the pan and gave it into the sink. She turned the water on and said "That was close." "I don't think that we'll get pancakes today." Sonic said. "I think you're right." Amy said and sat down next to Sonic. "Okay! ... Where were we?" Sonic asked. "I wanted to kiss you." Amy said and stared into Sonic's eyes again. "Then what are you waiting for?" Sonic asked and kissed her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In Tails' living room 1:10 p.m.

Sonic and Amy went to the kitchen and Shadow laid back down onto the table. "Can I tie your arm on the table, so you can't pull your arm away?" Tails asked and Shadow nodded. Tails got a second table and two ropes. Then he tied Shadow's wrist on the second table and his elbow on the table on which Shadow lay. Tails put new gloves on and sat down between the two tables. "I'll cut your injury open again, clean it and then sew it again." Tails informed Shadow, who only nodded. Rouge sat down beside Shadow as Tails began to work. Shadow closed his eyes and winced a few times. He tried to pull his arm away, but with no success. Rouge looked at him worried and took Shadow's hand. Shadow notices that she took his hand but didn't pay attention to it, because he was busy to fight his tears back.

After two minutes Tails dipped a towel into the hot water and began to clean Shadow's wound. Shadow flinched every time when Tails touched his forearm. "Poor Shadow." Rouge thought. Shadow took deep breaths to get the pain away but with less success. Rouge watching was interrupted when she smelled smoke. "Hey! ... Do you smell that?" she asked. "That smells like smoke." Tails replied and rouge nodded. "Oh shit." They heard Amy shout. "What have they done now?" Rouge asked. "I have no idea. ... What are you two doing in there?" Tails shouted. "Nothing! ... We only burnt the pancakes." Sonic shouted back. They rolled their eyes and Rouge looked at Shadow again. Tails just finished cleaning Shadow's wound and put the towel away. Then he began to sew up the wound. Shadow flinched a few times and he was still holding Rouge's hand. After two minutes shadow's grip loosened and he no longer took deep breaths. Rouge noticed that and looked at Shadow. "Shadow?" She asked worried.