Chapter 2: The cave

Lost Jungle Zone 5 p.m.

Shadow and Rouge stand in front of the cave. After a short break, which Rouge wanted, they finally went into the cave. What the two didn't know was that they were followed.

In the cave wasn't much light, which was no problem for rouge since she's a bat. Shadow had much more problems because he can't see in the dark. After about 40 minutes they came into a large room. In this room it was a bit brighter because of the candles on the floor. "I think someone lives here." Rouge said. "Yes. We better hurry." Shadow replied.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Somewhere in the cave 8 p.m.

Rouge suddenly saw something shiny at the other end of the room. "Hey! I found the green Chaos Emerald." she said happily and started running as suddenly Shadow pushed her to the ground and was lying next to her. "Shadow, what was that for?" Rouge asked annoyed but she didn't need an answer as she saw a knife in the wall where they were standing before. Shadow stand up and stood protectively in front of Rouge. "Who are you and why are you following us?" Shadow asked into the shadows. After half a minute Rouge thought he's talking to the wall when someone suddenly said something. "The voice after, the person is male." Rouge thought.

"It doesn't matter who I am, Shadow the Hedgehog." he said with a hint of dislike in his voice as he finally came into the light. "You have invaded my territory and want to steal my gemstone and for that ... you ... will DIE." he hissed. He was a green Heloderma with green eyes and a bit larger than Shadow. He wear brown shoes with black socks and a black belt around his waist. His teeth were long and very sharp and he also had large sharp claws. "Rouge, I'll distract him and you get the Emerald, then you run back to me and I'll warp us out of here, got it?" Shadow whispered into Rouge's ear. "Got it." she whispered back. Rouge took a step back to hide in the shadows. "I'm the ultimate life form, you don't even have a chance against me." Shadow said now standing in a fighting stance. "We'll see!" the Heloderma hissed as he ran towards Shadow to hit him in the face. Shortly before his fist hit Shadow, he warped behind the Heloderma and threw him against the wall. "Too easy! As I said before, you have no chance against me." Shadow said as he knelt in front of the Heloderma. Shadow thought he was unconscious and turned around to see how Rouge was doing.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Two minutes earlier

Rouge stood in front of the glass safe and tried to get the lock open. After two minutes she finally made it and took the Emerald. She turned around and saw that Shadow slammed the Heloderma against the wall and is now looking at her. "Shadow I have the ..." she said when she suddenly saw the Heloderma with its sharp claws ready to scratch standing behind Shadow. "Shadow, look out!" she warned, but it was too late, as he turned around the Heloderma struck his claws brutally across Shadow's torso. Shadow cried out in pain as he was flying into the opposite wall of the room.

Shadow lay bleeding on the ground as the Heloderma ran towards him to bite through his throat and kill him. But instead of Shadow's throat, the Heloderma bite in his right forearm, which Shadow lifted in time to avoid being killed. Shadow cried out in pain as the long sharp teeth of the Heloderma drilled into his flesh and the Heloderma chewed violently at his arm. Shadow kicked him into his stomach and the Heloderma fell back, but a tooth remained stuck in Shadow's forearm. The Heloderma tried to bite Shadow again, but Shadow quickly stood up and took the Heloderma around its neck and was about to kill him. "I'll kill you, you fucking lizard!" he shouted at him. The Heloderma was about to black out when he scratched Shadow in the face. Shadow cried out in pain again and let go of the Heloderma. Shadow knelt on the ground as the Heloderma wanted to jump at him again, but before he could reach Shadow something hit him on the back of his head and he blacked out.

Behind the Heloderma landed Rouge. "Are you all right?" she asked worried as she helped Shadow to his feet. "I'm fine." he lied, because he didn't want to look weak in front of others. Actually he felt a little dizzy because he hit his head when he flew against the wall and his right forearm was throbbing and stinging like hell. His left cheek and his torso were also throbbing, especially his torso with the deep scratches, but not as bad as his forearm. But Rouge couldn't see how bad all his injuries were because it was still dark in this room. He let go of Rouge's hand and took the Chaos Emerald which Rouge left before. Rouge followed his every move with a worried look on her face. "He can't tell me that he's all right. But discussing also brings nothing, as stubborn as he is." she thought. "Are you coming or will you wait until the lizard-guy wakes up again?" Shadow asked her interrupting her from her thoughts. "Wha ... yeah, yeah, I'm coming." said Rouge. "And thanks for the rescue." he said. "I can't allow myself to watch my best friend and partner die, especially after he saved me first." she said. "Hmph. We better get going, the lizard begins to wake up." Shadow informed while looking at the Heloderma, who began to move again. Rouge took Shadows uninjured arm, in which he also held the green Chaos Emerald. "Will you be in your apartment first and we bring the Emerald back to G.U.N. HQ tomorrow or the other way around?" Shadow asked. "I'd rather just go home." Rouge replied exhausted. "Chaos Control." Shadow said.

The Heloderma had just opened his eyes as Shadow and Rouge disappeared. "Everything goes according to plan, master. In a week he'll be too weak to defeat you." he said into the shadows. "Well done, Rapidus." the unknown person said. He has watched the whole fight. "Go and watch him. If he is weak enough, contact me immediately." he commanded. "Yes, master." Rapidus replied.

Author's Note: A Heloderma is a venomous lizard and Rapidus is Latin and means snappy.

POISONOUS MISSIONजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें