Chapter 3: Medical supplies

Rouge's apartment 8:15 p.m.

With a sudden flash of light, Shadow and Rouge were standing in the middle of her living room. Rouge went to the light switch to turn the lights on and as she turned around she saw all of Shadow's injuries for the first time. "You look terrible." she said worried to her partner, who was trying to stop the bleeding on his right forearm. "You walk into the kitchen immediately, while I get the first-aid kit." Rouge commanded. Shadow was about to protest as Rouge cut him off and said "And I will not discuss with you about it." "But I'm the ultimate lifeform, I don't need ..." he began. "Shadow the Hedgehog, you're seriously injured, and I'll take care of your injuries if you like it or not." Rouge hissed. "I'm already on my way." Shadow said annoyed. "Sometime she really gets on my nerves." He thought while going into the kitchen.

As Shadow was waiting in the kitchen he thought about the Heloderma. "I wonder who this guy was and why he knew my name." he thought to himself but he couldn't think about it any longer because Rouge was running into the kitchen. "Shadow come here, we have to clean your wounds first. I'll start with your worst injury." She said as she put a large bowl with warm water on the table. Rouge took Shadow's right arm and pulled it closer to her. "And now hold still!" Rouge commanded and dipped the towel into the warm water. "This will probably burn a bit." she warned Shadow. "Ready?" Rouge asked and he nodded. She pressed the towel gently against Shadows forearm, but he pulled his hand back immediately. "Ouch! What are you doing?" Shadow asked angry. "That's only warm water. Come here now, we need to clean your wounds." she said. What Rouge didn't know was that she dabbed on the tooth which stuck in Shadow's forearm. "I don't think so." he replied. "But if we don't clean your wounds they will get infected." Shadow wanted to say something as suddenly the door fly open and a robot came into the house.

"Good that you're here Omega. Could you do me a little favour?" Rouge asked the killer robot. "WHAT SHOULD I DO" Omega asked. "Could you hold Shadow so I can clean his injuries?" she asked. "START MISSION IMMEDIATELY" he said, already holding Shadow. Again Rouge began cleaning his wounds carefully and saw for the first time that a tooth stuck in Shadow's forearm. "I'm back in a second, just need to get something else." she said. "What's she going to do now?" Shadow asked himself. Rouge came back with a pair of tweezers and Shadow already knew what she was going to do. "Poor Shadow that will be very painful." she thought. "Okay, I'll pull the tooth out now. Omega, whatever he'll do, don't let him go." Rouge said before she started. Shadow tried to tear hiss hand away from her, but Omega didn't release him from his grip. Two minutes later the tooth was finally out of Shadows forearm and Rouge gave it into the dustbin. After ten minutes, Rouge had finished cleaning Shadow's forearm and said "I'll sew it together because your wounds are too deep to just bandage them. You need to hold totally still, okay." Shadow nodded as he closed his eyes. Two seconds later he fought his tears back as Rouge began working. Shadow winced a few times but didn't move a bit although Omega was still holding him. After ten minutes she had finished and gave a bit of alcohol on the bandages she prepared before. "This will sting a bit, Shadow." she warned him. Shadow nodded and closed his eyes again. When Rouge began to wrap the bandage gently around his forearm, he flinched but didn't pull away. After five minutes Rouge finished. "Finished. I think the worst is over now." she said gently. "Yeah, my arm feels like it is on fire, the worst is definitely over." He said with a lot of pain and a bit sarcasm in his voice. "Sorry." Rouge apologized. "Can we continue?" she asked. "You continue anyway, so the question was absolutely unnecessary." Shadow hissed.

Rouge examined his scratch wounds. He had five deep scratches across his torso and she began to clean them. Shadow didn't flinch until Rouge started wrapping the bandages with alcohol around his torso. Rouge also examined the five scratches on his cheek and started cleaning them too, but she only dabbed alcohol on his scratches instead of bandaging them, because they weren't too deep. "Aaaaand we're finished. Omega, you can release him now." she said as she admired her work. "Finally!" Shadow hissed still with a lot of pain in his voice. "And Omega, could you bring the Chaos Emerald to the commander tomorrow?" Rouge asked as she handed the Chaos Emerald to Omega. "AFFIRMATIVE" Omega replied.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Rouge's apartment 9:20 p.m.

"Want spaghetti for dinner" Rouge asked. "Why not." Shadow replied. "While I'm cooking, you can set the table." she said and he just nodded. Shadow cleaned the table and put the first-aid kit back into the bathroom. Twenty minutes later they started eating and Omega stood just beside them and watched. After they had finished eating, Omega made the dishes. "I'm going to bed. I'm totally exhausted." Rouge said yawning. "Me too. Good night." Shadow replied, already walking to his room. He lives with her since she saved him the first time. "Good night and sleep well." Rouge said with a smirk on her face. "Same to you." Shadow simply replied. Omega went into his closet and went to sleep as well.

Author's Note: In my version Shadow doesn't heal faster than normal people, but he can survive more easily.