RED ...The Magic of COLOR

Article published in November 2015

https://issuu.com/donahuemodels/docs/vol_3_iss_7_-_nov/76

RED

... The Magic of Color

By Cinzia

Antonelli

Autumn-Winter on runways around the world is presented as the season full of color. The shades of the earth mixed with those vitamins, from pink to orange, from brown to blue, from mustard to red dye and give life to the wonderful masterpieces that the greatest designers have created for all of us.

But the surprise and the difference is, without a doubt the color red, with all its shades and sequences. As on a painter's palette, the portfolio of shades of red, ranging from burgundy to maroon, amaranth from carmine, scarlet to crimson, and adding the reddest of reds; the bright signature of Valentino - the most regal and shocking color, which enhances with energy and passion, and manages to increase heartbeats. You can define this as the color of life and love.

One of the supreme couturiers or fashion, Christian Dior, said that you can wear it in any season, it's good for everyone and if you do not feel comfortable in a full red look, you can accessorize: a red hat or a pair of shoes equipped with jewelry is the chicest way to light a total black look.

Red is featured on the runways in vibrant shades, both in a total look or paired perfectly with whites, pinks and oranges. Suggestions that fashion offers us are endless, from poppy red idealized by whimsical Vivienne Westwood and Christopher Kane. Gareth Pugh uses it as a contrast to a full gray look. Burberry Prorsum approaches it with a heavenly floral fantasy, that can be worn in cold weather: it's the magic of fashion!

Tommy Hilfiger displays coats with oversized accessories by opposing hues, "stolen" from the world of sport. Dolce & Gabbana has created a collection dedicated to his mother and family, with a beautiful testimonial to Bianca Balti; many red roses color the clothes in unusual shades. There is so much art in the creations of John Galliano's vermilion, with Maison

Margiela creating coats and dresses with decorations in macro red shells. Even with Giorgio Armani, the assertiveness of red does not go unnoticed; his models are adorned in clothes from a fairytale haute couture. Taking a look at the runways of Gucci, Hermes, Diesel Black Gold and Balmain, we appreciate that red remains the true protagonist, because it adapts to all and any occasion.

In various shades of red, we are imbued with passion and seduction; the energy that gives us all that joie de vivre that accessories transmit when we wear them. Red fires up the classic pump, a thin stiletto heel, a sculptural heel, even the open toe. With red, cowboy ankle boots make a real difference and bikers boots lit up with metallic studs certainly will not pass unnoticed.

And let us not leave the bags: hand bags, shoulder bags and clutches that are colored equally with pure passion red.

But ultimately, the true icing on the cake, to complete our fabulous

outfits, is the jewelry and even bijoux, enhanced and illuminated by red, teardrop earrings, rings and fabulous Bulgari necklaces composed of 12 jewels of rare cutting.

Not just for women, the color red can fire up and inflame the man's wardrobe as well. Some of the world's top designers have dedicated an entire collection to the color, like Dolce & Gabbana, inspired by Spanish bullfighters, strong and passionate.

Of course we all must choose according to our personal tastes, but a splash of red is a must in the male wardrobe. There are now more varied and super-equipped items, such as the coat-style bohemian Agnes B., dandy boots by Sartori Gold or those super eccentric Tisci by Givenchy.