Prologue

This fanfic was written for Lovely_Wworld

The girl stands in the rain as she witnesses the scene happening right in front of her. She should be sad, she thinks to herself. She should be crying, the betrayal of her boyfriend an aching pain in her chest. She should run up to the cheating bastard and slap him for what he is doing. She should tear the girl away from him. The thing is, she doesn't do any of those things. She simply squeezes her eyes shut for a brief moment, releasing a sigh from between her parted lips.

She isn't upset that her boyfriend-now ex boyfriend-couldn't keep his mini him in his pants. She's upset that she should have seen it coming. Why would anyone want to date her? She was known as the "nice girl". The girl who would always help you if you asked nicely. The girl who was never afraid to stand up for someone if they are being bullied. The girl who doesn't bat an eye when something bad happens to her. She wasn't desired romantically by anyone, so why did she think that this guy would be different?

It's not that she wasn't pretty. Her dazzling features were talked about wherever she went. All of the girls were envious of her looks, pining over how flawless she was without even trying. She was such a beauty, yet didn't know it. The way she held herself made everyone stop what they were doing to watch her walk by, transfixed by her confident aura. The fact that she was as nice as she was beautiful was the deal breaker.

They were intimidated by her. How could someone be so perfect, so flawless? They didn't want to be around someone who seemed like they were too good to be real. What they didn't know was that she wasn't as perfect as they thought.

She may seem like she's always happy, like she doesn't have a care in the world, but she is wilting on the inside. She hides her pain behind smiles and good deeds, hoping that good fortune will be on her side if she always gives and never takes. She spends all day working extremely hard just to go home to a delusional mother and a dead-beat father. They basically ignore her very existence, too caught up in their own problems to realize that their daughter is getting more and more depressed by the day. The only thing she has for comfort is her music.

When everything seems like it is just too much, she puts her headphones on over her ears. She closes her eyes and lets the emotions of the music transport her to a different place. A place where she can ignore all of the hate and negativity of the world and focus on herself for once. Where she doesn't need to worry about anyone else but herself. Someplace where she can be free.