The kiss

The rain falls down harder as she walks around the city, moving out of people's ways as they barrel past her in a rush. She doesn't mind the rain, it calms her. The lights of the city slowly fade as she wanders father and farther away from her house, not aware of the change in scenery until it is too late. She looks up in confusion, taking in the run-down shops and houses on either side of her walking form. She was so caught up in her thoughts that she hadn't noticed when she had gone out of the city, walking in the not-so-nice part of town.

She finally decided to seek refuge from the weather, aware that she won't be going home any time soon. She may love the rain, but she is sensible enough to know that she will catch a cold if she prolongs her walk in it. The only open store is a large building off to the side, tucked in a dark corner of the street she's on. It looks like a club, the faint sound of music able to be heard despite the heavy downpour. She is aware of the state of her clothes and hair, but knows that she can't do anything about it.

She walks through the doors, puzzled as to why the bouncer let her in the club in the first place. Her skinny jeans are now a dark blue because of the water, sticking uncomfortably to her tired legs. Her black and gold tank top is soaked all the way through, it clinging to her torso and chest. She curses herself for not wearing, or bringing, a jacket as droplets of water slide down from her hair and onto her bare shoulders.

Even though she is not dressed for this place, she looks stunning. Eyes are drawn to her as she walks through the crowds of people, trying to find somewhere to sit down and dry off. Her wet hair appears darker because of the rain, clinging to her face as she tries to brush it back.

She makes it to the sitting area and looks around, trying to find a spot as secluded and away from other people as she possibly can. The prospect of actually talking to the people in this club was completely out of the question for her. They scare her. The way they eye her like she's food. The way the girls glare at her and then look away to whisper amongst themselves. Overall, they didn't look like the type of people she would want to associate herself with. They were bad news, and she should have kept to herself. If she had done that, she may have avoided this whole situation. But then, I wouldn't have anything to write about.

She sits down on the far end of a couch on the outskirts of the sitting area, aware of the fact that the girls sitting on the other side were staring at her. She subconsciously tucks her hair behind her ear, wondering why they are all looking at her with such hatred and prejudice. She stiffens when they stand up as a group and walk over to her, stopping right in front of where she is sitting.

"Hey girl, what's your name?"

She looks up slowly, taking in the girl's outfit and appearance. She must have gotten here before the rain, she thinks to herself. Her short dress is spotless, her large curls bouncy and completely dry. Her face is full of makeup, the eyeliner making the color of her eyes stand out. She looks down at herself in comparison, feeling plain in front of the glamorous girl in front of her.

"I'm June" she answers uncertainly, her voice soft and timid. She doesn't like the way the girls are staring at her, as if they are sizing her up. The girl who spoke first smirks, eyeing the girl's attire up and down. She may have a pretty face, but no one would go for a girl who dressed like that in a club. She didn't see her as competition, but she should have.

"Hey June. I'm Hani, what are you doing here?"

June flinches at the tone used to say her name, internally yelling at the bitch for looking down on her before even getting to know her. She would never say that out loud though. She was taught from a young age that the only way to not get hurt was to always be polite and never talk back. She smiles at the smirking Hani and answers her, not wanting to cause any trouble.

"I got lost while walking and decided to sit down for a while. It's raining right now."

Hani scoffs, raking her eyes over June's wet clothes. She takes in her wet hair and skin-tight shirt, rolling her brown eyes in annoyance.

"Yeah, obviously."

June's smile wavers at her answer, not used to people being mean to her in this sort of way. They would usually see that she is being nice to them and leave her alone, not willing to argue with someone that supposedly finds the good in everything. Hani notices this, her smirk reappearing on her lips.

"Awe! Is the prude upset? Why don't you do something about it?" she says, placing both hands haughtily on her hips. June's eyes widen at the statement, her not knowing how to react.

"Listen new girl" another of the girls says from behind Hani. "You either prove yourself or get kicked out by us. You can choose for yourself, but I don't recommend the latter."

June stands in a rush, freezing when the girls form a semi-circle around her. She is trapped on all sides. There is no way that she will be able to escape without doing as they say.

"W-what do I need to do?" She stutters nervously, her hands fiddling with the still-soaked hem of her shirt. Hani looks around in thought before stopping, a sinister smile appearing on her face.

"You need to kiss that guy over there with the black and white jacket on."

June looks behind her, finding the guy in a matter of seconds. He is in a group of six other guys, drinks in all of their hands. That's easy enough she thinks. All she has to do is kiss him.

"Not so fast. There's a catch. He has to kiss you back."

She is pushed towards the laughing group, her hands shaking uncontrollably. She takes in his appearance as she gets closer, her pulse quickening. He is so much more attractive up close than he was at a distance. His hair is curled on his forehead, his eyes slightly obscured by the soft-looking locks. A small smile is on his face as he converses with his friends, his eyes widening when he sees her coming towards him.

He is surprised by how pure she looks, her beauty astounding. She doesn't look like she belongs here, her innocent look differing from all the other girls in the loud club. Hani's friend nudges her on the shoulder as she looks at June stop in front of the guy.

"Hani, isn't Jungkook your boyfriend?"

Hani smirks, "that's the point." She has no doubt in her mind that Jungkook will push June away in disgust. He barely tolerates kissing her as it is.

June stops in front of the guy, noticing the voices of his friends silencing as they turn to stare at her. She grabs onto the back of his neck before pulling his face down to hers.

"I'm sorry" she whispers, placing her lips onto his. Her eyes are squeezed tightly shut as she keeps her lips still, hoping that nothing bad will happen to her. His lips are soft against hers, unmoving and unresponsive. She thinks about what will happen to her when she gets back to the girls, her fear and heart rate spiking considerably. She doesn't want to get hurt, but there is nothing she can do to prevent that.

She is about to pull away when his lips slowly move against hers, his hand coming up to tangle his fingers in her hair.