Day 3 - Banana Split Cupcake

"I'm heading out for today. You got the keys?" Aidan asked Collin after he had untied his apron. It was only three p.m. but he figured after the last minute order he had gotten this morning for a birthday party this evening he had earned himself an additional hour of spare time. Thank God Thursdays were usually not that busy and while April had tended to their customers' needs he had baked and decorated four baking trays of cupcakes. Now he fantasized about a long, relaxing soak in the bathtub.

"Got 'em," Collin confirmed and patted his pant pocket, eliciting a light clinking sound.

"Okay, call me if something happens. I'll see you tomorrow," Aidan said his goodbyes, crossing the shop because the back door would have been a detour therefore he opted for the front door.

"Bye!" Collin called out with a shy smile and Aidan raised his hand before he disappeared out onto the street, the wind instantly ruffling through his hair.

Pine Grove was pretty quiet at this time of the day: lunch break was over, people were at work and most kids still at school. Aidan sauntered down the sidewalk and looked at the autumnally decorated shop windows. Soon he would start to bake pumpkin cupcakes and form witch hats with fondant, too.

The town was a typical small town. In the center were the shops and all the other important buildings like the police station, roundabout were single-family houses and the school - Elementary School and High School accommodated in one building. Many houses in the town's center had been built during the railroad boom in the 1860's and were well preserved, giving Pine Grove a kind of old charm.

Even though Granny's house was big and they both could easily live there without bumping into each other all the time he had rented an apartment after he had came back from college. He was an adult after all and didn't want to stay in his childhood home for the rest of his life. And it was closer to The Sugar Stop which was why he could sleep twenty minutes longer in the mornings.

His flat was the second floor of a rather old building about a ten minute walk from the café. The stairway was creaky and April claimed that she had seen a ghost one night in the dark - he didn't disagree because he couldn't think of a reason why his elderly neighbor would walk back and forth in the attic at two o'clock in the morning. Despite the creepy noises at night he loved the apartment with its tall windows and the exposed beams at the ceiling. Furthermore the floor wasn't some cheap plastic decking but actual wood. Something he would have paid a fortune for in any city around the world.

Aidan dropped his keys and wallet on the dresser in the hallway and ventured into the kitchen where he took a yoghurt cup out of the fridge so it could warm up a little bit before he ate it.

The bathtub alone would have convinced him to rent the flat. It was free-standing in the tiled room, big enough for a hot threesome - unfortunately he hadn't had the chance to try it out yet but not because of a lack of motivation on his part - and, the best part in his opinion, the massaging jets of water on the sides which he could switch on and off to his liking. Naturally his bathtub and April were in a constant competition for the rank of best friend.

He turned on the hot water and undressed while the tub gradually filled up. The sugary scent of pastries and frosting clung to his clothes and hair and he lowered himself slowly into the hot water, happy he could get rid of the sticky feeling. It was heaven. He couldn't help the moan although his skin nearly got melted off of his bones.

His mind wandered aimlessly around - did the new season of his favorite show start today? - while he let himself soak. April had been relatively domesticated this morning and hadn't bugged him about their new regular although he was sure she wanted nothing more than to grip both their heads and smooch their faces together like she had done with her barbies when she was a child. Growing up with very traditional parents hadn't done her any good, resulting in her doing anything to piss them off which ultimately led to her having various relationships with both genders. She still tried to convince him to have a threesome with her and Josh but - perfect bathtub or not - he refused every time. Hell, that would be so weird!