Day 21 - Spiced Cupcake with Cinnamon Frosting

Aidan stubbornly refused to let himself be dragged down by the happenings of the previous day. He had already spent too much time and energy on thinking about Keith that he simply saw no reason to waste another second. Things were clear between them, nothing left to take care of.

Which, of course, didn't save him from April's thorough interrogation.

"So, he was friend-zoned?" she asked, a look of shock and sympathy on her face.

"Yes, I think so," Aidan answered with a shrug. Honestly, he couldn't care less. Keith had basically verbally kicked him to the curb - multiple times - and he wasn't even in the friend-zone anymore, he was in the guy-I-don't-want-to-ever-see-again-zone. So, no, he wasn't inclined to shed a single tear over their break-up.

"Poor guy," she mumbled and he scoffed. It was no wonder Keith had been friend-zoned if he had been as much of a dick back then as he was now.

Aidan glanced at the clock. It was four o'clock in the afternoon and April would leave now which meant he was stuck for another two hours. To say he was exhausted was an understatement.

"Should I stay longer?" April inquired and he shook his head with a warm smile.

"Thanks, but no." He bumped his hip against hers to get her to leave. "I'll be fine."

She sighed and wagged her finger in his face. "You need to finalize that contract with Lara."

"I know." He rolled his eyes at her. "I'll do that tomorrow."

April barked out a laugh. "Sure," she drawled and before he could reprimand her for talking back to her boss she vanished into the hallway to collect her belongings.

The bell over the door rang and Josh stumbled inside, like a wet dog tangled in his leash. He scrunched up his nose and used his sleeve to wipe a few drops of rain off of his forehead.

"It's raining," Josh said and looked at Aidan expectantly.

"Yes," he replied slowly. "It has been raining the whole day."

Josh scrunched up his nose once again and leaned against the counter, peering at the hallway.

"She didn't leave yet," Aidan reassured him and felt a weird little tug somewhere in his chest when Josh's whole face lit up at that. Wet fur and annoying leash were forgotten.

"We decided to have a lazy night in," he explained giddily. "Oh, I brought you food!"

Aidan narrowed his eyes at the green plastic container Josh held up in the air.

"Give it to me," he demanded and Josh frowned as he cradled the box protectively. "Now."

"You've got to earn it first," he pointed out, lips twitching up into an evil smirk.

Aidan rounded the counter and expectantly held his hands out for the container. "Now," he repeated, his own evil smile forming. "Or I'll tell April about that wet dream you've had last year."

Josh gasped, eyes widening in horror. "You wouldn't!" he hissed and nervously glanced at the hallway behind Aidan to make sure his girlfriend didn't witness their conversation.

"Oh, you know I would. Give me the food," Aidan replied, the sweet taste of victory on his tongue.

"Then I'll tell her about your dream!" Josh threatened and hid the container behind his back.

"That guys night out was a bad idea," Aidan groaned and Josh nodded in agreement.

"It was April's idea after all." Josh scratched his short black hair. "Sometimes I still wake up in the middle of the night and feel your slobber on my shoulder."