Chapter 12

//Carl's POV

I slowly walked home, my head down. Enid was still pissed at me, making me wonder if she was actually jealous.

Entering my room, I almost face planted onto my bed before I saw a note taped to the outside of my window.

Opening it and stepping outside, the note read:

C,
Meet me right outside the gate tomorrow at noon.
T

The note was from Tess. She actually wanted to hang out with me.

But how was I going to sneak out?

I climbed back into my room and took off my bandage so I could put a fresh one on.

I found myself simply staring at my scar. At how hideous it was. I felt like a monster. Because that's what I was.

Finally, I snapped out of my trance and quickly cleaned the wound and put a fresh bandage on before throwing myself down on my bed.

I heard a knock on the door before my dad came in.

"We got some news about Maggie," he told me.

I quickly scrambled into a sitting position. "How is she?" I asked urgently.

"The surgery was successful," he assured. "Now they're just waiting for her to wake up."

"She will, won't she?" I asked.

My dad hesitated before saying, "They don't know. And Glenn, who basically sees things in black or white, isn't taking that well. He locks himself in his room and doesn't let anyone in."

I sighed in disappointment. "I wish I could go visit him," I told him.

He nodded, agreeing with me. "Well, I have to go help Deanna out with something," he sighed. "You should get to sleep."

I nodded and he left my room.

Burying my face in my pillow, I thought about meeting Tess tomorrow until I finally fell asleep.

---------------------------------------------
Author's Note: I lowkey really hope Carl shows his scar soon in the show

Qotd: Carl or Tess
Aotd: Tess oops