A Date in the Life of Amazingphil

After cleaning up breakfast, your concerns started to fade when the topic shifted from the new girl to what everyone was doing today. You and Dan had resumed your original positions on the couch from the night before and were browsing the internet while the television was on in the background. Phil stumbled around the house putting himself together to look presentable for Amy. You would occasionally peek curiously out of the corner of your eye to see how Phil likes to get ready for dates. It was fascinatingly cute, the way he swiftly walked from one room to the other followed by some bumping and shuffling sounds, then reappearing for a glance into another room dressed a little different from when he first came into view. You chuckled to yourself. "Aww, how cute." you thought, "He must really like this girl. He's really putting in a lot of effort." After about twenty minutes of Phil going back and fourth, he emerged into the living room out of breath. He presented himself in front of the tv at you and Dan. He was wearing his red collared shirt with white polka dots, black skinny jeans, and some white high-tops. "Okay *wheeze* how do I look? *wheeze*" He especially looked at Dan for approval, because you and Phil both knew Dan is the king of good fashion taste. "Looks great, mate. I'm surprised that you're all matching. That's very un-Phil." Dan responded with a large grin. Seeing Phil get dressed up for a girl is always an interesting endeavor for Dan to observe. "You're right! Haha hold on one second." Phil said and then disappeared once again into his room. He came back out with a blue-ish grey hoodie that contrasted completely with the rest of his outfit. "That's more like it!" He remarked while holding up his pointer finger. "Haha, it sure is. Forgetting anything?" "Oh!" Phil went into the kitchen and grabbed his phone. He came back holding it out, staring at it with a look of disgust on his face. It was covered in batter from the pancakes. "Oops. Well, it'll have to do. I'm already running a little late, like I am to most things. But this thing is important!" Phil announced as he made his way out the door. "Bye, guys! I'll text you when it gets closer to the time to meet up!" "Alright, have fun!" You and Dan say in unison. When Phil shuts the door, Dan immediately puts his laptop on the coffee table and turns to you. "Okay, I need to tell you this right now." You respond a little startled. "What?" "It's about Amy." You knew something was a little weird, but it was just a hunch. It seems you were right to feel suspicious all along.