The Dawn of an Eclipse

"Acolyte Diana, what do you think you are doing, walking with such carelessness around the Radiant Dawn?" A voice yelled, pulling Diana out of her stupor. She looked up to see a large crimson shield blocking her view of the hallway, two large men flanking it, their reflections casting off of the golden edges.

"I am sorry sir, and Ms. Leona, I apologize profusely." Diana said, bowing down stiffly, as she was taught to do.

"Why in the world would you refer to the Radiant Dawn by her first name? I should have you expelled!" The man yelled again, causing Diana to tremble.

"Stop it Ganges." A strong voice said, instantly calming Diana. She looked up to see a woman with bright red lips and hair that could have matched the sun's rays themselves staring harshly at the man known as Ganges, who backed up slowly. "It's fine Diana, I don't expect everyone to bow to me. I see you came from the library?"

"Yes ma'am, I was just getting some materials for my history studies. I'm also very sorry, again."

"No need to apologize, for an establishment based on the sun, you would think there would be more light in there." Leona laughed, Diana soon joining her. "You are free to go."

"Thank you Ms. Leona, you truly are as amazing as they say," Diana replied, "Have a wonderful day."

"Same to you, Acolyte Diana." Leona replied, allowing Diana to pass by her. Diana made another right shortly thereafter into the courtyard separating the schooling district and the housing district of the community. She wove her way through the crowd of people; all enjoying the warm weather and break from their classes, albeit for just a week.

When she made it to the other side, she was practically gasping for air, her dark robes mixing poorly with the weather, and the crowd of people. After taking a moment to catch her breath, she began to ascend towards her room, trying to ignore the passing stares of people passing her.

"Who cares if they think I'm weird, I have what I want to know!" She thought, stopping on the third and top floor, entering her room, which is conveniently right across the hall from the staircase. She slumped down behind the door, finally pulling the scroll out from her robe. Upon further inspection, the symbol appeared to glow slightly in the room's dim lighting. She swiped her thumb over the symbol a few times before opening the scroll, seeing it was much longer than she had originally expected.

She began to avidly take notes, about the war between her people, the Solari, and the group that worshipped the moon, the Lunari. The scroll was faded, making it hard to read the words in the dim light, but Diana did not care. She was just happy to finally learn about the Lunari.