The Mental Telescope

Eight Years Ago, the Solari School for Gifted Children

"Who can tell us the most important event of the Solari invasion of Zaun fifty years ago?" A teacher asked, seeing only one hand pop up. "Only one? Does anyone else besides Diana know this? Fine, Diana, what is the answer?"

"The turning point that drove us back was the unexpected Lost Children force which was strung together by the government of Zaun, which flanked us with unique technology in the Ridge of Days," Diana said proudly, "Many attribute the blunder to General Fod's lack of knowledge of the region."

"Very good Diana, see me after class, I have a reward for you." The teacher said, looking at a device on the wall, which was covered in gears and numbers, signaling the time. "Oddly enough, which is right now! I will see you all tomorrow, stay safe."

The students filed out of the classroom one by one, except Diana, who rushed up to the teacher's desk eagerly. "Diana, you seem to be very knowledgeable about history and the world, how did you attain this knowledge?"

"I love to read at the library, whatever I can get my hands on mostly, which tends to be history books," Diana replied, twirling her pen slowly, "Although there are some things that I wish I knew more about."

"That was actually my next question, what do you want to know more about in history? I probably know more than you do, although probably just form my old age." The teacher laughed, Diana chuckling as well. "Take a seat and ask me anything."

Diana pulled up a small chair, taking a deep breath. "Do you know anything about the Lunari? I've heard of them, although I have never seen any information about them."

The teacher became quiet, looking Diana straight into the eyes. "The Lunari are never to be talked about around anyone in public, do you hear me? They are not accepted in this region under any circumstances. Not even I know anything about them other than the fact that they are violent heretics, and their symbol."

"What is their symbol? Could I at least know that?"

"It is a circle with a crescent moon underneath it, engulfing the circle. Do not try to find anything about it, or risk yourself getting in great trouble."