Trade Reunion

Diana lay hidden in a closet, clutching her sickle tightly. She heard the rumbling of footsteps every few seconds, men demanding her blood. She peered out, seeing the woman she had helped earlier shake her head at Diana, telling her to stay hidden.

"Excuse me, Miss Chambal?" A luscious voice called, and the old woman turned her head toward the staircase, which was once Diana's one-way ticket to safety, now blocked. "Have you seen a woman with a sickle and grey armor? I wish to speak with her, peacefully."

Diana knew that voice, she had heard it somewhere before. A voice that was calming, reassuring, one that could be used as a battle cry or to calm a crying baby. One that could only be owned by the Radiant Dawn herself.

"Leona?" Diana asked, slowly emerging from the closet. "Is that you?"

"Diana, what have you done? Haven't you been told not to go in search of the Lunari?"

"I was never told the reason, and my curiosity got the better of me, I am sorry." Diana whimpered, tears beginning to roll down her face. "Please don't hurt me."

Leona sighed, walking down the stairs once again. "This house is clear, move on to the next one!" She yelled, startling Diana. "I will stay here and calm this old woman, she seems frightened by the reappearence."

"Leona, you saved me?" Diana asked, tears flowing down her face. "But why would you do something like that?"

"I, too, have a secret. I never truly believed the Lunari were evil, and it was for the same reason as you did, I was never told of the Lunari's evil deeds, only that they had done them."

Leona propped her shield against the wall, resting her sword beside it. Moving towards the bed, the old woman stood up so that Leona could sit down beside the young girl. "Now, I do expect something in return for this kind act."

"What? I will do anything for you Leona!" Diana cried, "I will be your personal servant!"

"Tell me about the moon."