Rightful Claims

Diana's head shot upwards, looking around to see what had caused the sudden outburst, but she could find no intruder, only a large crack in the ground where the clearing used to be, revealing a slope, leading down into a dark hall. Diana leapt up at the sight, her smile mimicking the crescent shape of the moon above her. She pulled her lantern from her bag, lighting it as she jumped into the hall.

Using the lantern as her guide, she maneuvered her way through the maze of spider webs, using her knife to pull down some of the larger ones that were blocking her path. The stone around her was cracked and dry, however the carvings on them were just as beautiful to her. Before long, she had entered a large room, which seemed to stretch on endlessly, before her attention was pulled away by a pitfall of about an inch.

"Who has entered the Lunari monastery?" A loud voice rumbled from around her. Diana, frightened at the sudden voice, took a few seconds to respond.

"I am Diana of the Solari kingdom. I wish to study the monastery so I can once again bring peace and light to the Lunari name." Diana said sternly, yelling it out into the abyssal room.

"How am I to know you will not betray us as they have in the past?"

"I am unsure of your meanings sir, all of the Lunari were thought to have been destroyed in the Great War between the two cultures."

"You have passed the test. You may proceed." The voice grumbled, lights around the room suddenly flicking on, leading up to a large crescent chandelier, which ignited the room in blue light. The light shone most prominently at the center, where a statue of a woman was placed, gripping a sickle tightly, the statue itself covered in beautifully crafted armor.

Diana approached the statue, aware that any tile on the floor could cause another encounter with the great voice. Upon reaching the statue, she noticed the face was missing, a single, pure sapphire being in its place. She could easily see her own reflection in it, the gem could easily fetch thousands of dollars. Diana was not interested in that, however, as she quickly undressed the statue, placing the armor on her own person. She snatched the sickle from the statue's hand and gripped it tightly, posing dramatically in front of the statue, admiring it in the reflection on the sapphire.

She flipped her hair back; the armor set itself not having a helmet to detain it. The armor felt light, despite it looking as if it was made of heavy steel, as if not even flames could penetrate it. She looked up to the chandelier and gave a silent prayer of thanks, turning back towards the exit.

"What?" Diana yelled, running up towards where the exit had been. The passage, the only way Diana knew out, was blocked up by more stone, the same inscriptions on it as the stones around it. The sickle in her hand began to glow, as if attracted to the stone. Diana held it up to the wall, and it lowered for her immediately.

"No time to look around, it's nearly day time." Diana muttered to herself, adjusting her knapsack and trudging up the ramp. Her eyes were drooping, and she could feel her legs screaming at her to slow down and rest, so she did. Plopping down in front of the same tree she had been under before the moon had risen, she fell asleep within seconds.