°°Chapter 1°°

~°~°~°~°~°~

"I still can't believe you're leaving, I'll miss you so much" Zoey my best friend since  kindergarten said yet again.

"I can't believe I'm leaving either, I really don't want to, I'll miss you so much", I told her.

Hey, my name is Elizabeth Hemmings but everyone calls me Liz or Lizzy, I'm sixteen, I have two brothers Ben and Jake they are older than I am, Jake is seventeen and Ben is twenty three, he no longer lives with us, he lives in Texas with his wife and daughter, I'm 5'2, I have long brown hair and hazel eyes I spent all my life in Cali but just last week my parents decided it would be perfect to move the entire family to New York because my mom get more clients there, she's normally away for weeks and dad works with a business that have it's headquarters in NY and he got a better paying job there.

I don't mean to sound selfish because this is not easy for them but this is not easy for me either and I'm sure I could safely say the same for Jake.

Right now Zoey and I are packing everything I own into suitcases because we leave today.

"But don't worry, we'll face time and I'll text and call you everyday, and you can come visit anytime" I assure her.

"You better", she smiles.

Half hour later we finish packing everything, I look around the now empty room and tears form in my eyes as memories are brought back.

"Liz, it'll be ok, I hate that you're moving but you really have no choice", she pulls me into a hug as I sob.

"I'll miss you so much, our sleepovers, your crazy jokes, I'll miss everything about you", I tell my best friend.

"Same here, but as you said I'll come visit you and we'll text and face time, besides you'll meet new friends in New York", she said sounding sad.

"You'll always be my best friend Zoey", I tell her.

Her phone buzz in her pocket indicating a text, she pulls it out and read it.

"Here", she hands me her phone.

I take the phone and read the text, it's from Jason her boyfriend, he's telling me he's sorry he can't be here because he has some business to take care of and he hopes I like New York.

"I'll miss you guys so much", I gave her her phone.

"Lizzy honey, we're leaving now", my mother shouts from downstairs.

"Okay, I'll be down in a minute", I shout back.

"I guess this is it", I whisper as Zoey and I walk downstairs.

We get downstairs and Jake's friends, Nash, Phillip and James who came over to say their goodbyes and help with the packing went to grab my suitcases.

"Zoey honey, thank you for helping Lizzy with her packing, we'll miss you and I know Lizzy will miss you too, but you're welcome to visit anytime", my mom pulls her into a hug.

"You're welcome Mrs Hemmings, and you'll be seeing me every summer and Christmas", she returns the hug.

Several minutes passed by and we're ready to go, everything is packed into Fredrick's van, he's a family friend, he's taking us to the airport.

Jake said goodbye to his friends that I'm sure he'll miss, and I said my final goodbye to Zoey.

"Bye Zoey, I'll call you as soon as I land ok", I say giving her a tight hug.

"Bye Lizzy, I'll miss you", she croaked holding back tears.

I turned around and walked away because I was on the verge of breaking down, it can't be easy to be moving away from your friends, from a place you grew up in, from basically your freaking life!