°°Chapter 3°°

Quote: Nothing is impossible, the word itself says I'm possible.

Beep! Beep!

I'm awakened by the sound of my alarm, I reach over and shut it off before rolling off the bed.

Today is my first day, at a new school and I certainly don't want to be late. I'm nervous as hell, but the fact that I'll have my brother with me ease my anxiety a bit.

I amble to the bathroom and brushed my teeth, then strip out of my pyjamas and took a quick shower.

I walk into my room after showering and got dressed in a pair of skinny jeans a crop top, I curled my hair and let it fall down my back, after which I put on my shoes.

I grab my bag and walk downstairs to the kitchen to find Jake at the table having breakfast.

"Hey, where's mom and dad?", I ask.

"She's in her room and dad already left, mom's leaving in five so better hurry", he tells me.

I took a bite out of my sandwich, then poured myself some orange juice and gulped it down.

A few minutes later mom enters the kitchen, "Ready?" she asks.

"Yeah", Jake and I answer in unison.

"Let's go then", she says turning and heading towards the front door, we follow suit.

We got to her car and got in, Jake got in the front as usual and I got in the back.

Mom started the engine and soon we're on our way.

About fifteen minutes later, we pull up at our new school, which is pretty big if I might add.

"Try to have a great day you two, I'm sorry I can't walk you in because I'm running late, but I'm sure you'll manage", my mom said.

"Yeah we'll be just fine", Jake answered as we both got out of the car.

"Are you kidding me? It's our first time here, you can't just leave us like that mom", I say getting angry.

"It's ok Lizzy all we need to do is go to the office and get our class schedules and locker number and stuff like that".

I sigh, "Ok".

"I love you, have fun!" with that she sped off.

"Let's go", Jake spoke up before walking off and I followed behind him.

We walked into the school and everyone in the hallway stared at us, making me more nervous then I already am.

I completely ignore the whispers and the stares and follow behind my brother who seem to be getting a lot of attention from a few girls, he's my brother but I have to admit he's cute.

We finally reach the office and I followed Jake in.

"Good morning", we're greeted with a smile from a brunette behind a desk around her early thirties.

"Hey, we're new here and—", I begin but she cut me off.

"Oh you must be Jake and Elizabeth Hemmings?" she question.

"Yeah that's us", Jake replies.

"Oh welcome to Ridgewood High School", she picked up a paper from her desks and hand it to me, then did the same to Jake, "those are you're class schedules and locker numbers, I hope you enjoy your time here", she smiled warmly at us.

I feel so much better as we both thanked her and left the office.
I scanned my class schedule and noticed that my first period is Math but before that I have homeroom.