CHAPTER 2 - The Roommate

The next morning Chase woke up with a massive head ache.

Thank goodness it was the weekend. He looked up at the clock and he heard noise outside of his room. He stood up and put on his shorts but decided to not wear a shirt, as he goes out he sees a bunch of moving boxes near the door. Sunlight was coming out from the window; he thinks he sees someone outside. So, he opens the balcony door and he sees a girl looking over the balcony.

"Excuse me, can I help you?" Chase says as he squinted his eyes. "You probably don't remember me, don't you?" the girl replied with a question. Chase finally sees her clearly, "Uhm..." Chase trailed off and scratched his head.

"I'm Allison Paige Bennett." She says as she extends her arm.

"Ok, I'm..." he got cut off. "Chase. I know that already." She said. "What are you doing in my apartment?" He asked quizzically.

"I'm moving in." She said with a smile. She went inside of the apartment and he followed her.

"But we barely know each other, no chance in hell am I letting you move in to my apartment." Chase raised his voice.

"Listen, you did force me to move in with you last night. Roommates don't even have to be friends. I just needed a place to live in since I got kicked out in my last apartment. Plus you offered me a sweet deal in splitting the bills for the apartment." She said with a smile.

"No way! I was drunk and I didn't know what I was doing. Sorry but I'd like to live alone. Now get out of my apartment!" He yelled.

"Nice view by the way, I love this place." She teased.

"Ms. Bennett, I don't need you to complicate my life, okay? Would you please get out? I'm not looking for a roommate, never needed one!" He yelled.

"Too late!" she said. "I'm gonna call the cops!" He threatened. "Oh you mean Chief Giligan? He knows." She said calmly. "Besides, you have two bedrooms. I'll just be in the other room." She added.

Once again, she left him speechless.

"Why don't we get to know each other and you could help me move in my stuff to the next room?" She asked politely. "I swear, I'm not that bad. Please just give me a chance. I have nowhere else to go." She begged.

Inside, Chase was angry, confused and he pitied her. She just kept on talking, she's 24 years old. But not once has she mentioned her job. "So technically, what do you do?" Chase finally asked. "I'm a penniless chick who thought that I could make it big here in the big apple. Turns out, I struck out." She replied. "You know, that doesn't even answer the question." He said.

"I'm a professional chef. Right now I'm working in the Chef's Table in Brooklyn." She said. "There aren't anymore apartments for rent or for sale in Brooklyn?!" He asked angrily. "I got evicted cause I paid my bills late. The landlord or whatever you call it was such a nag." She said.