CHAPTER 12 - The Surprise

Allie holds Chase's right hand and leads him into their apartment until... "Hi Allie." A familiar voice was heard. Allie couldn't believe it! He slowly turned his head around and she saw her brother, Joshua Scott Bennett. 

He wore light blue long sleeves tucked in his grey fitted slacks paired with black shoes and a loose red tie. He stood there with his 5 foot 11 frame with his bags by his side, his light golden brown hair is brushed up and a concerned look on his face.

Allie quickly ran towards him and gave him a hug. "Oh my gosh! I missed you so much!" She said. "I missed you too, sis!" Scott replied. Allie lets go of Scott and introduces him to Chase. "Uhm, Scotty, this is Chase... Chase this is my brother, Scott." She said. 

They shake hands and in an affirming tone, "It's Joshua Scott Bennett." Chase quickly replies, "Chase Michael Everett" and gave him a firm hand shake. "Ahhh, so you're the famous architect everyone's been raving about in London, yeah?" Scott asked. Chase chuckles, "I wouldn't say rave, let's just say, admire." He joked. "Seriously though, I love your work!" Scott gushed. "Thanks!" Chase replied. 

"Your place is pretty cool though too." Scott complemented his apartment. "Yeah, it's a beauty." Chase said. "You designed it yourself?" Scott asked. "Yeah, I designed the whole building and my sister designed the interiors." Chase boasted. "Man, I can't help but just talk about your work! I just admire architecture style so much, y'know!" Scott said.

Chase holds Scott's shoulders, "If you got the passion for architecture, pursue it and earn it." He said. "So guys, do you wanna grab some lunch or am I interrupting something?" Allie snapped. The boys look at her in attention. "Of course, do you wanna join us, Scott?" Chase questioned. "Sure!" Scott said. "Where are you staying by the way?" Allie asked. "I was hoping I could stay with you?" Scott said. "Of course you could stay with me!" She said. "Thanks, Als" he said.

So the three of them eat lunch together at the apartment with Allie's cooking, they're sure to have their stomach's full. They all get to know each other over the glass of wine and bond with each other. But Chase had to leave to meet some of his clients, he's such a busy man. "You got yourself a good one this time, sis." Scott said in a plain tone. Allie blushed and she just nodded.

"So why are you back, Scotty?" Allie asked. "I came to personally deliver my graduation invitation to you and to Aunt Cathy and her family." Scott replied. "Will they be able to go?" Allie asked. "I don't know yet. I'll tell you when I see them tomorrow." He said and she nodded. Then they continued their conversation in the living room while drinking wine.

"Whatever happened to Austin Drew Reid?" Scott asked. "Oh my god, Drew?! I haven't seen him in ages." Allie said. "Do you know where he is?" He asked. "Last time I heard, Drew has a garage over at Queens and how do you know him?" Allie asked. 

"He's the only guy you've introduced me to before Chase remember?" Scott said. "Yeah. No, no. I introduced Riley to you not Drew." Allie debated. "No! You were supposed to introduce Riley but on the eve of the meeting, you guys broke up. So I never got the chance to meet him. Just Drew." Scott assured her. "Really?" Allie said, she was getting tipsy and it was still in the middle of the afternoon. 

"Okay, it's time for you to rest and take a cold shower." Scott said. "It's fine, I'm fine." Allie insisted. Scott picked her up and carried her to her room. After he put her to bed, he got his things and go into Allie's room, set up the bed beside her bed on the floor and brought in his duffel bag with him too. He kissed her on the forehead and he decided to leave the apartment.

Scott took a train to Queens, he decided to pay Drew a visit. It took him a while to find the auto shop. But when he did there was a sign that said "Drew's Body Shop" in red and script. Scott asked if Drew was around.