CHAPTER 6 - Warm Welcomes

That afternoon, he flew back to his home, New York City.

As he arrived at his building, went to the top floor, and unlocked the door, he opened it and went inside. He smelled a lovely scent from the kitchen; he set aside his suitcase and luggage to the side. He took a few steps forward, and then Allie runs to the living room and sees Chase.

"Hi." Chase said. "Hey?" Allie said in shock. "Hey, Allie who's at the door?" A voice of a man was heard. "It's my roommate." Allie said. Chase's smile began to disappear.

Allie went near him and hugged him, "I thought you'd never come back." She said. "Who's this?" Chase asked. "This is my boyfriend, Brett." She said. "Oh, boyfriend, huh?" He said disappointed and then he walked away from the two of them and went to his room.

After a few minutes, Allie entered his room. "Is that one of your douche bags or this getting serious?" He asked as he sat down the bed.

"I couldn't keep waiting for you, Chase." She said and went near him.

"I can't keep pretending that you'll love me, Chase. There's really no use in trying. I can't please you because I'm not good enough for you." She said.

"What are you talking about? Of course you're good enough for me! When I think back, the things that threw me off track, the way I handled my heart took a turn in the wrong direction, but it led me back to you." He said as tore up.

She fell silent and cried a little, "Well, you're too damn late." She said and went out of the room crying.

She went straight to her room leaving Brett clueless in the living room. Chase went out of his room and went in her room.

"Allie, I told you once that I wasn't ready, that I don't need you, but some things are better left unsaid. My broken heart is all I have now, no more holding back, no more walls. I kept listening to the message you left for me, I felt the emptiness filling in your heart. I was like that for the past two years. I swore to myself that if I'd love another woman other than Stacey, she'd be the one, because once I fall for someone, I fall hard." He said as he sobs.

"We're not playing make believe, Chase. I'm not some damsel in distress that needs saving. This is real, Chase. This is my heart we're talking about. You can't just disappear for two months and come back thinking that we could pick up where we left off. The world doesn't work that way, Chase." She said as tears started falling from her face.

"I didn't know where to go! I fell apart and didn't know what to do; I was embarrassed to even show my face to you. Allie, it hurt. It hurt to love you!" He cried out.

"Why?"

"Because I was afraid that I'll get lost again, you were the person who was just as broken as me." He said and goes near Allie, holds her hand with big tears resting on his eyes, he looks down on hers, "Allie, I made a big mistake in running away from my happiness, and that's with you." He said, he went near her body, he could feel her heart rising as he went nearer and nearer.

"Allie, I want to be able to tell my family and the people closest to us, of how you, my roommate, made me learn to love again." He said.

"But you know what's wrong? I can't keep wondering where you'll go, I can't keep venturing into another place when I'm chasing the footsteps of a broken man for a living." She spoke softly and slowly let go of his hand and asked him to leave her room.

He slowly left the room and left the building abruptly.

The timing was never right! What did you think of this Chapter of "The Decision"? Did Allie make the right decision by being with Brett? Did Chase make the right decision in confessing his love for her? What do YOU guys think? Find out more in the next chapter of "The Decision" ;)