CHAPTER 18 - The Regrets

CHAPTER 18 – The Regrets

Allie went inside her room and leaned her forehead on the door and closed her eyes. Chase saw her and went near her. "Are you okay?" he asked. "I'm fine." She said softly. "Doesn't look like your fine." He said. She looked at him and gave him a hug; she brushed her fingers through his hair and hugged him even more. Quickly, she changed the topic. "How was your work thing?" She asked as she went to the bedroom and started to undress herself.

Chase leaned on the arch crossing his arms on his chest. "It was okay." He said. "Did it take long?" She inquired and looked at him half naked. "You didn't come back to the table." She added and put her arms on her waist and looked at him straight in the eye. Chase just laughs, "It didn't take long, and I just wanted to see you catch up with Mr. Mechanic. No hard feelings." He said calmly with a smirk.

"Chase! Are you testing me or something?" She asked innocently going near him. "Am I testing you?" He teased. She slid her arms on his waist pulling him near her body and just inches away from his face to hers. "Are you jealous?" She teased back. Chase didn't give in, "You're drunk. How many glasses of wine did you drink?" He changed the topic. "Oooh! Chase is jealous! I love it when you're jealous; it tells me that you actually care about me." She said as she sways her body.

"Okay, I think it's time for you to rest." He said as he carries her to the bed and puts her down. Then she unbuttons his shirt and hangs on to him. He holds her arms and tries to put her to bed. "Allie, I have to work." He said to her. "Work, work, work. Why can't you be spontaneous like Drew? Why can't you be adventurous like Riley? Why can't you just have fun like Scott?" She yells. "Chase, I'm not drunk. I really wanna have a good time with you but you're making it hard for me." She added.

Chase just looks at her, started to feel angry and walks away. "Hey, don't you dare walk away from me!" Allie yells as she enters the living room with only her bra and her panties on. "Chase!" She shouts. Chase then pushes her to the wall he puts his right arm just above her shoulders and he's just inches away from her body. She tries to kiss him but he won't let her.

"You know why I work so hard?" Chase asked. "Why?" Allie demanded. "Because being fun doesn't pay the bills, being adventurous only brings some hurtful memories and being spontaneous can just hurt people." He said as he looks into her eyes. "I'm different, Allie. I'm not one of the guys you used to date." He continued. "I'm sorry for disappointing you." He added and then went to the couch where his paper works and laptop were.

Allie looked at him, she felt guilty of what she has just said to him. She knows she hurt him pretty bad, she could see it on his face. She goes near him and sits beside him and hugs him. "Chase, I'm sorry." She whispered as she leans on his shoulder and her arms around him. "Look, I can be those three things, but just at the right time." He said. "Allie, I really have a lot of work to do." He added. Allie grabs his hand, leads him to the bedroom and made love to him.

The next day, Allie found a note beside her bed that read,

"I won't be in the hotel the whole day because of work, I wanted to wake you up but you looked too peaceful to just say goodbye to me. I really wanted to spend time with you today, but our clients in London are really perfectionists and we have to pay close attention. I ordered breakfast for you and it's in the living room, I called your brother to meet you in the lobby by 10 am. I love you, Allie! Have fun today!

Sincerely,

Chase Everett."

So she ate breakfast while she marvels the beautiful view of London, took a shower, and put on some clothes. She wore a cream cardigan sweater, black tights, brown boots, and a burgundy scarf. She wore her hair in a messy bun, her wayfarer type eye glasses, light make up and her hand bag. She waited for her brother in the lobby but instead, Drew showed up. "Allie? What're you doing here?" He asked. "Hi Drew! I'm actually waiting for my brother. How about you?" She said. "Scotty told me to meet him in the lobby but it's you?" He said confusingly.