CHAPTER 15 - The Reunion

Allie went to the lobby and checked if they had mail, and they did. She went back up to their apartment and went in. "Chase! It's mail day!" Allie yelled. "Okay just a minute!" Chase replied as he gets dressed. Allie goes to the living room. She starts to browse through the mail, which was a lot! Chase goes out of his room and joins Allie in the living room. "Wow, we have that much mail?!" Chase exclaimed. "Apparently." She replied.

So they start sorting out the mail or the letters. Allie happens to come across Chase's High School Reunion Invitation. "Chase, are you planning on going to your high school reunion?" Allie asked. "Is that the invitation? Can I see?" Chase asked. She handed the invitation over to him. He took a deep breath and long look and read what it said.

He looked at Allie who was waiting for his response. "I'm not going" He said. "Are you sure?" She asked. "I mean c'mon, it's your high school reunion!" She added. "Of course I wanna go, but..." He trailed off. "But what?" She asked. "Do I really have to answer that question?" He asked. "But what?" Allie asked again. "Sophie's gonna be there." He finally said. Allie was quiet for a while. "Do you wanna go with me?" He asked breaking the silence.

He looked at her as she ignored his question. "Allie, do you wanna go with me to the reunion?" He asked again. Allie looked at him, she sat beside him and she kissed him on the cheek. "Okay." She whispered and then she went to her room bringing her mail with her. Chase felt confused; he didn't know what to do. He didn't know if it was a good idea or not. So he followed her to her room.

He knocked and opened the door then he leaned on the door frame. "Allie?" He asked. Allie just stares at the ceiling saying nothing. He approaches her and lays down the bed with her. His hands slowly finds hers, intertwining as the silence filled the air. 

"Are you okay?" He asked softly. "Nothing." She replied. "Stop being afraid of what could go wrong, Allie. Think about what could go right! Not everything in the world has to be bad." Chase said. Allie looks at Chase, and then he looks at her. He slowly traces the shoulders with his fingertips up to her cheeks.

"Chase, where do you wanna be right now?" Allie asks. "Next to you... That's the only place I want to be." He replied. "This is US, no backing out." Allie said. "Hmmm, 'US' I like the sound of that." He said and leaned in to kiss her. She smiles while they're lips are locked and he smiled back. They cuddled all day long and spent the rest of the night in the apartment together, enjoying each other's company.

The next week, the reunion finally came. Chase wore a black coat and white inner long sleeve polo. He matched it with a black neck tie. He wore black fitted slacks and black leather shoes. His hair was brushed up, he shaved his 5'oclock shadow and on the upper pocket of his blazer hung his black Ray Ban Club master sun glasses.

Allie wears a dark blue tight dress but it's not a tube, paired with some beige or nude stiletto high heels and minimal gold accessories. She wore her long brunette hair down into lazy curls. She wore red lipstick and minimal make up paired with some gold ear rings and a white clutch.

Chase waited on the couch while Allie was dressing up. He texted Jeff if he already arrived at the party, but Jeff was still in his apartment, he would've wanted him to check if Sophie was there or not. "Allie, are you ready?" Chase yelled as he looked at his watch. "I'm coming, hold on." Allie said. Chase rests his head on the couch and then Allie walks in the living room.

"What do you think?" She asked Chase. "Turn around." Chase said as he smiles. So Allie turned around and said, "So? What do you think?" She asked again. "I think my roommate's gonna be the prettiest girl at the party." Chase gushed. "Awe, stop it." Allie said as she blushes.