Chapter One

Chapter One

  I never thought that it was possible for us to have a meeting more disastrous than our usual ones. Everyone was freaking out. Some crying, some screaming, and some going on about how they didn't want to be next. Germany wasn't here to yell at them to focus, but I will tell you, I started to get real close to doing it myself.

  But surprisingly, I didn't have to. Gilbert was the one to yell at everyone to shut up. I could see it as I looked at him that he was just sort of angry and upset. His brother had dissolved and he wanted to get him back. I knew what he was feeling all too well.

  Everyone looked at Gilbert in shock. He wasn't one to yell at people to shut up. "Guys, this is a serious matter. Some of us in the best shape are dissolving and none of us know why." Gilbert said once he had everyone's attention.

  "I have a question for everyone in the room." Gupta said as he stood. Everyone turned towards him, most surprised that he had actually spoken. "Who in this room can see the ones that have dissolved?"

  "What do you mean by that?" Arthur asked. He didn't understand. He thought Gupta meant all the dissolved countries.

  "I mean, who can see Ludwig or Alfred." Gupta clarified. Everyone looked around the room confused. What was he going on about? How could someone see them when they were dissolved? But I knew exactly what he meant.

  "I- I can see Luddy." Gilbert spoke up. My eyes widened slightly. The suspicion I had had six years ago about those two being together was right. Ludwig's heart belonged to Gilbert.

  Gupta nodded. "And can anyone here see Alfred?" Gupta asked. Everyone looked around, looking for someone to speak up. But no one did.

  Until Alesa, who was sitting on my lap raised her hand. My eyes widened slightly at that. Was she joking? Probably not, she didn't joke around much, even with being six.

  "I can see Alfie!" She said, causing Lovino to scowl. He knew exactly what it meant and he didn't like it one bit. She was only six for crying out loud. Why would Alfred's heart belong to a six year old?

  Gupta looked over but instead of looking at Alesa, he looked straight at me. Looking back at him, I could see uncertainty in his eyes. Not so much because Alesa said she could see Alfred but because of both people that could see the ones that dissolved. None of them would be able to go through the full process of bringing the other back.

  If Gilbert killed himself, there was little chance of bringing him back. He didn't have his own country keeping him strong. Alesa was too young. Plus we didn't even know if she had land she was tied to.

  "We're going to have to find a different way." I said out loud. Gupta nodded and everyone looked at me. Some wondering what I meant, but very few understanding at least a bit of it. Elizabeta knew what I was saying, the memory of what I had done still haunted her at times.

  "But what way is there?" Ivan asked. "Need another sunflower, da?" When he asked I knew he was talking about the spell the Magic Trio had tried. But that spell was only good for visiting the country graveyard. Which Germany and America weren't there yet.

  "No Ivan, we don't need another sunflower." Vladimir said. He knew it wouldn't work. Or at least the spell they were talking about.

  "But we could try a different spell." Lukas said, his blue eyes emotionless as always. But I had a feeling he really did care about what was going on. I soon realized why, Matthias wasn't here... I can't believe I hadn't realized that.

  "Where's Matthias?" I asked. I really hoped he was at home with a hangover or something. But by the look if Lukas, Emil, Berwald and Tino's faces, I knew he was gone.

  "He faded. Just this morning." Tino said sadly. "Lukas can see him though. Which I'm not really surprised about."

   Lukas was the only one that would be able to go and save someone. As much as the idea seemed good to go and save one person, I wished we could get all of them back. It just didn't seem fair. Why was this happening?

  "Feli, how did you get Lovino back?" Gilbert asked. By the sound of his voice I could tell he was getting frustrated. He just wanted his brother back.

  I shook my head. "It's too dangerous. You could die, forever trying to bring him back. I'm sorry, I just can't tell you."

  "So what if I die? If it means getting Ludwig back then I'll do it." Gilbert said, his voice raising slightly. It pained me to see him like this, especially when I knew how he felt.

  "Gil! Don't talk like that." Elizabeta said standing. Even if she didn't show it much, I knew she cared for Gilbert. They were best friends after all. They had been ever since they met, and that was centuries ago.

  "It's true though Lizzy. Plus it's not like anything too bad would happen if I died. There's no country to fall if I die forever..." Gilbert said.

  He was having mixed emotions, I could tell. On one hand he would give up his life for his brother. On the other, he didn't want to die. But he seemed to be favouring the first option the most. It was just the way Gilbert was.

  Elizabeta didn't like the way Gilbert was talking. I could see it. It was written all over her face. "Gil, at least take some time to think about it."

  "But we don't have time. Two weeks and they'll be gone forever." Gilbert said and my eyes widened in shock. How did he know that? Had he tried to bring back a country before?

  "What are you talking about? I'm sure we have more time than that." Antonio said. He sounded sad, and I guess it had to do with the fact Alfred's heart didn't belong to him anymore. They had broken up a year ago but Antonio still seemed to be sad about that.

  "I'm sorry to say, but we don't. It's two weeks or they're gone forever." I hated hearing that. It hurt hearing that, but not as much as the first time.

  I squeezed my eyes shut. Some people were looking at me with angry looks. I could feel it. Why wasn't I helping out and telling everyone what they needed to do? Mainly because I felt like we had to do it some other way. Some way that meant not having to die.

  I forced my eyes open and looked over to Egypt. If anyone knew a different way, I'm sure he would. He was the one who had told me how to get Lovino back in the first place. He was sure to have an answer.

  But I could feel my heart drop as I looked over at him. "Gupta!" I yelled as he started to fade. He looked straight at me and gave me a smile.

  "You'll find a way to bring us back. Just don't give up, just like you didn't give up the first time." Gupta said and with that he was gone. Our hope in finding a different way, dissipated.