I Care Too Much

Meliodas collapsed to the ground. The holy knights left seeing as they were greatly outnumbered with King Ban Gowther and Diane all gathered as well. We all gathered around Meliodas. "Why idiot? Why did you save me?" I whimpered tears forming in my eyes. "We need to get him to a hospital now!" Diane said gently lifting him up on to her hand. We all quickly sped to the nearest hospital where he was placed under immediate care. King and I waited in the waiting room for Meliodas while the others kept the Boar Hat in check. King gave me a worried look. "Y/n, are you okay?" I didn't respond but instead lay my head in King's lap. He sighed and stroked my hair. "He'll be okay." Is all he said. I hummed in response. Anyone else would've immediately thought we liked each other, but King and I were really just good friends. We didn't see each other that way. He was someone I knew I could complain to or joke around with almost like a brother. Suddenly the door opened. "The young man is conscious now. He seems to have lost quite a bit of blood, any more and he would've died, and the cut has left a scar. It is fortunate that you were able to get him treated when you did. He should be released from the hospital in the next day or so but he will need to rest for at least a week before resuming normal activity." The doctor scurried off leaving us to our captain. We walked in shutting the door behind us.  Meliodas gave us a weak smile. I held back the lump in my throat. I sat down on the bed with him and king did as well. I didn't trust my voice so I just lay my head on his chest making sure not to put too much pressure. "That was a close one captain. You need to be more careful." King said sternly. "Sorry for worrying you all. King, can I talk to y/n for a minute?" King nodded and left the room. With a sigh, Meliodas placed his hand on my head nuzzling it softly. "Let it out y/n. You don't need to hold it all in." I slowly let the tears in my eyes spill and sobbed quietly. My breaths came out uneven and ragged. Meliodas stroked my hair trying to calm me down. I faced his eyes directly. "Why?! Why did you save me? You almost died! I should've been the one to almost die not you so why did you jump in front of me?! People here actually need you! Ban Elizabeth King Gowther Diane! They all need you with them! So why did you risk almost dying to save me?!" I yelled. He gave a soft smile. "I Care Too much about you to be willing to let you die if I could save you. You are right. The sins need their captain. Jumping in and almost dying by choice was completely selfish. But it was for you, so I was willing to be selfish. I'm willing to be selfish or violent or even stupid if it will save your life. Basically, I Care Too much about you to let you die." My eyes were opened wide as I processed his words. "This is why you were named the sin of burden. You try to handle to much on your own. You blame yourself for things you can't control. But none of it it's your fault. We are all here to help you. You just have to let us." He kissed my forehead for a second before hugging me. "We're here for you. We need you." You felt a couple tears trickle down your cheek. I snuggled comfortably into his warm chest. "Hey Meliodas, why is Gowther the sin of lust?" You randomly asked. He laughed and released you from his grasp. "Lust for knowledge." My eyes grew wide as I took in the answer of my lifelong question. "Ooooooooh!" He continued laughing at your realization. You giggled with him. "You really are a weird one." He pressed a kiss to your cheek catching you by surprise as you turned beet red. You sat up. "I guess I'll l-let you rest now. Get well soon p-perv." He waved good bye as you walked out the door. King immediately smirked upon seeing your blushing face. " 'Im over it' my ass."