Master

I went back to the Boar Hat with Meliodas where the rest of the sins were all waiting. King was the first to react with a scolding look. "Y/n Elizabeth is sick in bed right now. You leaving does nothing but build onto our stress. Why didn't you just talk to me about...whatever...was bothering you?" He said subtly hinting at my emotional hurricane with Meliodas at the eye. I took on a guilty look averting his sharp eyes. "Sorry...I just didn't know how to without..." I didn't have to finish my sentence for him to know what I was saying. His face turned to one of sympathy, which I knew was because he knew what it was like to see someone you loved sharing their feelings for another. He came over to me and hugged me tightly. Ban piled on as well. "You worry me midget. This is yet another example of why you're the sin of burden. You can't always handle everything on your own. How many times I gotta tell ya that?" Ban softly said. I smiled lightly. "I'll probably never learn." Our group hug ended and I walked upstairs to my shared room with Gowther laying on the bed exhausted. I sighed. I was tired. Too tired. I barely woke up and I'm exhausted. "You've been through a lot lately master. It's only natural to feel tired." I immediately shot up searching for the source of the soft silky voice. I can't have imagined that... "Hello?" I softly called. "I'm right here master. I've always been here and I always will be." The voice echoes in my head. "Who are you? What are you?" "It's sort of hard to explain from here. If you release me, I can explain much easier." "How do I know you're not evil?" I suspiciously asked. The voice chuckled. "I'm merged with your thoughts. If I'm evil you are too. Besides even if I was evil, I'd be the one in trouble. I'd be surrounded by seven deadly sins and a princess with the power to destroy me with a flick of her hand." I hesitating asked "How do I release you?" "Just focus on your fire magic and say 'Kai!'" I did as the voice spoke and a beautiful girl with a ruby dress that seemed to be made of flames with red flowing hair appeared in front of me. "It's nice to finally see you master." She said with a bow. "W-who are you? What are you? Why are you calling me master?" She opened her mouth to speak when the door opened revealing Meliodas. I immediately cringed and the girl gave me a worried look. Meliodas immediately went into attack mod charging at her with remarkable speed. Just as remarkable, she disappeared into flames and reappeared behind him. "Please calm down Meliodas. I'm not here to hurt any of you." He stood protectively in front of me making me unconsciously scowl. "Like I'd believe that." "Meliodas just chill. She's not gonna hurt us." I intervened dragging both of them downstairs. Upon seeing the Scarlett-haired beauty, everyone tensed. "Who's she?" King asked sharply. "Sit down and we'll find out." They all hesitantly did so and the girl stood at the front of us. "My name is Kasai. I'm the spirit inside y/n's sacred treasure. I have served many masters who have all owned the treasure at one point in time. As a spirit, my thoughts and y/n's are merged. Of course, since I serve her, she can block that connection at any time. I live inside of her soul, her mind, and most importantly, inside her necklace. It's where I was first born into the universe." My confusion must've shown on my face. "This necklace got its fire power from a volcano. If it was dropped in, the necklace should've burned along with you. No offense." "None taken. That story is slightly wrong. You see, I am originally the lava inside that volcano.  What not many know is soon after this volcano was created, a storm destroyed every piece of it except a small pool of lava. An ancient wizard used this lava and created me, a spirit to inhabit it's capabilities. I am essentially the last piece of that volcano. I am the will of its fiery earth. The wizard sealed me inside of a necklace which is the very sacred treasure you own." The story left me speechless. It was then that I realized I had heard Kasai's voice in my head before when I was fighting with the Holy Knights. "That explains why you're so powerful! Her strength from the volcano must make huge fire." Meliodas said excitedly. I began to feel irritated. "I'm gonna go take a walk." Before I even had the chance to, king was blocking the door. "Last time you took a walk you sacred the shit out of us all and we had to look for you for an hour. You're not going anywhere." I groaned. "I just need to get some air." "If it makes you feel better, I'll go too. I won't let her go too far." Kasai said standing next to me. I cocked an eyebrow surprised and she gave me a look basically saying she'd explain later. We walked outside together in silence for a little while. "Whats wrong master?" Her smooth soft voice asked. I turned to her. "What makes you think anything is wrong?" "It's obvious." "Only because you can read my mind." She shook her head. "I'm not inside of your mind right now. The only time I am part of your mind is in battle or in situations of need. I wouldn't intrude like that." I sighed. "It's just that, now that I know that your spirit is what gives me so much fire power, I feel frustrated. I want to feel strong with my own power not someone else's." She stopped walking and faced me with her fierce ruby eyes. "No offense master, but that is one of the stupidest things you've ever said." I was about to yell when she cut me off. "I am not what gives you power. I act based upon your will. You give me power. You are my strength, I am not yours. Nearly everything you've ever done with your magic I've had no part of. You are your own strength." I gaped. That was one of the most sincere things anyone had ever said to me. I stood there speechless for a few seconds before smiling lightly. "...thanks." "No problem Master." "Stop calling me master. Just call me by my name. Come on we need to start heading back." As we headed home, I noticed Kasai began to turn pale. "Are you okay?" "Yes. But I need to return to spirit form soon. I can't maintain this body for long periods of time." I nodded and we continued heading home faster than before. Meliodas was the first to greet me. "Elizabeth's fever broke! Isn't that great?" I sighed lightly with a small smile. "That's good." It's not that I wasn't happy, I was. But that same thought has been bugging me. What if I don't matter? The more I think about it the more I realize it's probably true. Kasai said her goodbyes to everyone preparing to return to the necklace. She hugged me and whispered, "You can't be mad at him forever."