Chapter 4: The Prey

The boys made it easy for Buffy to devour their blood. Then she slit her wrists and them them drink from her, siring them into new creatures of the night. Buffy loved her new self. It felt kinda ironic as she was chosen to slay these creatures, now she was one of them. . . . . . . . .

What would Giles and the Scoobies think of her new self?" Buffy thought to herself as she wiped the blood from her lips and leaving the teen boys to rest. They would need it for the hunt they would be needing when they woke up.

As for Buffy, she needed more. . .more blood. She went on the prowl looking for more prey when she encountered Spike.

"Buffy?" Spike asked confused. "I thought you were dead?"

"Well, I'm alive and well." Buffy told him.

"You look different?"

"Different? How?"

"I don't know? There's just something about you?"

"There's nothing different about me." Buffy lied.

"No, there is. I just can't place it?" Spike told her.

"Well, I'm the same ol' Buffy Summers."

"So, are you on your way to meet the gang?" Spike asked, changing the subject.

"The gang?"

"Yeah, Giles and everyone will be so happy you're alive."

"Yeah. I bet they will."

"So, let's go!"

Back at Giles store, Willow sat waiting to see if her spell to bring back Buffy had worked.