Chapter 6 - Willow's Failure

Buffy followed Angel, hungry for more blood, but it would have to wait. She wanted in on whatever Angel was up to. As Buffy continued to follow Angel, who was heading to the outskirts of Sunnydale, where he met with Gunn.

"Gunn?" Buffy said to herself so Angel wouldn't hear her. "Everyone back in Sunnydale assumed he was dead, but here he was, meeting Angel?"

"You need to take out the Slayer!" Gunn told Angel.

"Kill Buffy?" Angel asked, confused.

"She's one of us!" Gunn informed Angel. "And she's more powerful now that she is!"

"Buffy...a vampire?" Angel laughed at him. "Impossible."

"Don't laugh, Angelus!"

"Buffy is dead!"

"No she's not!"

"But? How?"

"Willow!"

"Willow? What's she got to do with this?" Angel inquired.

"Willow recanted a spell."Gunn told Angelus. "Only, it went awry."

"Willow's spell went awry?" Angel said in disbelief.

"Buffy is a vampire...more powerful than you and Spike and all the demons."

"I don't believe you."

"Kill her! Kill Buffy!" Gunn repeated. "Kill Buffy!"

Angel watched as Gunn walked past in a trance to where Buffy was listening to their conservation. And just as Gunn was about to drive a stake through Buffy's heart, Angel grabbed Gunn's hand and shoved it through Gunn's heart instead.

"What have you done?!" Gunn spat out before he died.