Chapter 5 - The Spell

Willow was surprised but happy when Spike walked into Giles' store with none other than Buffy. Only neither the two of them realized it was a different Buffy. They knew something was different, just couldn't place what was so different.

"Buffy!" Willow exclaimed.

"Willow!" Buffy replied back, not letting on that she was not who they thought she was.

"My spell worked?" Willow asked, half surprised.

"Spell?" Buffy asked.

"Yes, I concocted a spell to bring you back." Willow said, hugging her friend. "I'm so glad it worked."

"Yeah." Was all Buffy could say. "It worked all right."

"So, Bufs, where have you been hiding yourself?" Spike interrupted them.

"Oh, nowhere in particular." Buffy told them, not wanting them to know her new craving for blood and that she is on the prowl for fresh meat. "Oh, look at the time. I need to go visit my mother and Dawn."

Buffy runs out on her friends making the excuse to see her mother and Dawn, but she really is on the hunt for fresh meat. She needs blood badly as she feels herself getting weak.

While out on a hunt for blood from some unsuspecting victim, Buffy comes across Angel in what looks to be on the take.

As Buffy moves closer to hear what is going on, she steps on a branch and is caught by Angel, who runs to see who it is. Buffy hides so Angel won't find her.

"Who's there?" Angel calls out. But no one answers.

Buffy keeps silent so Angel won't find her for several minutes until it is safe to leave. Scouting the area, Angel leaves when he can't find anyone around. Good thing too. He doesn't want anyone to know about his new job.

"So, Angel, you're on the take?" Buffy says to herself. "I wonder what you're really up to?"