Chapter 10: Imprisoned

Spike and Angel found themselves at Kralik's mercy in Kralik's dungeon lair

Spike and Angel found themselves at Kralik's mercy in Kralik's dungeon lair. As they worked together to free themselves from their current predicament, Dru, unbeknownst to Spike and Angel, was working with Kralik to bring in Buffy.

"Well, well, well!" Dru exclaimed. "Ain't this a pretty picture!"

"Dru?" Spike pleaded. "You need to help us out of here?"

"I don't have to do anything of the sort!" Dru said.

"What do you mean?" Spike and Angel said simultaneously.

"I should just let you two rot in here!" Dru said bitterly.

As Dru debated letting Spike and Angel out of their prison, Buffy lay in a coma in the hospital as the doctor gave Giles the grim diagnosis

"I'm sorry, Mr. Giles." The doctor informed him. "Ms. Summers prognosis doesn't look to good.

"She's not going to make it?" A concerned Giles asked.

"I didn't say that." The doctor explained. "Tell me, did Ms. Summers always look so pale?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, she has no pulse, yet she's still alive—in a coma—but alive nonetheless."

"How can that be doctor?"

"You tell me?"

By this time, Willow showed up to hear Buffy's prognosis, "I can explain it, doctor?"

"Please do—excuse me—who are you?" the doctor asked.

"I'm Willow Rosenberg, Buffy's friend." Willow introduced herself before explaining. "You see, Buffy is a vampire."

"A vampire?" Giles asked.

"Yes, and it's all my fault." Willow said.

"Why is that?" Giles questioned her.

"The spell I used went awry and instead, turned Buffy into a vampire." Willow told them, unaware that it was Kralik who turned Buffy.

"Well, can we undo the damage?" Giles asked.

"I'm working on it, but I haven't came up with anything,"

Just then, Spike and Angel showed up at the hospital after Dru finally gave in and let them out. But they unaware that they were being tracked by Kralik's minions.