A dream

Suddenly, flashing lights appear literally out of nowhere. The sound of clicking cameras snap me back to reality and I quickly turn my head away from them.

The paparazzi.

The flashing lights are blinding me but Callum's strong grip around my wrist is making me move in the right direction. What seems about five minutes of walking, the paps are finally out of sight.

''This was, um.. interasting.'' he breaks the silence.

''I'll never get used to it.'' I frown. How the hell do they find me anyway?

We exchange a rather awkward hug and I head in my own direction. The streets are not empty, though there's not many people. It's a warm night, which is not something that's usual for a September in London.

**

I'm at school and it's 10 am, I've been here for about 3 lectures already and there's no sign of Callum anywhere on the University ground today. Is he mad at me because of yesterday? I know I didn't move while he was trying to kiss me and although he's extremly attractive, it doesn't feel right. There's this feeling in my stomach that doesn't approve the thought of me kissing Callum.

Last lecture of the day is about to start and I'm as tired as ever. Last night's staying up late really got the best of me, not to mention the alcohol, the paps and waking up at 7 this morning. Just as I'm thinking of ways to amuse myself so I don't fall asleep during the lecture, a figure in a black hoodie and blue converse walks in and takes the place in front of me.

I poke him once. Nothing. I poke him twice. Nothing. Third's the charm, is that what they say? I poke him again straight to his ribs with my pencil.

''What?!'' he snaps at me.

I think he is mad.

''Can we talk?''

''No.''

''But I-''

''I said no!''

I leave him alone for the rest of our class, but I'm not giving up that easy. When the bell, pointing out that the school day is over rings, he practically storms out of the classroom, so fast that I have to run behind him. When I finally reach him in the hallway we're pacing at great speed, it makes me short of breath.

''Callum.''

''Go away.''

''No.''

After that he just gives me a glare which tells me he's very annoyed by my behaviour. Too bad. We reach the school's backyard when I step in front of him, blocking his way.

''What do you want?''

''Give me 2 minutes Callum, just that.''

He takes out his phone and turns the stopwatch on, counting down the 2 minutes I asked for.

''Tik tok.'' he says

''I'm really sorry about yesterday, I had so much fun and I got carried away but I'm so sorry. I like you Callum. But I like you as a friend and if I could change it I would but I can't and I'm sorry but I don't want to lose you as a friend and I-''

''Time's up.'' he turns away from me and storms through the yard.

I stay there, standing like a complete idiot, feeling like I just broke someone's heart, and maybe I did. I wanted to be what he wanted me to be but there's no way. My feelings are with Nathan. I've known Callum for a month and a half now and we've become very close, which I loved.

When I get home I just feel like wrapping myself into a blanket and crying.

To The Handsome Callum: ''If it means anything, I really am sorry..''