Five

The number you have dialed cannot be reached. Please try again later.

"Sunhi-ah, have you been talking to Jimin?" I ask as she return with our beverages.

"Yeah, I texted him awhile ago. They're free today, no schedules. Why'd you ask?"

Oh.

"It's nothing. Where's Mingook?"

"I thought he was with you?"

Our faces drained and eyes bulged. No, no! This can't be happening, not now, not ever!

"I'm going to search for him, will you stay in case he finds his way back here?" Sunhi nods and I went out the cafe.

I looked everywhere and it took me almost an hour before I made my way back to the cafe. As I walk in, a guy is sitting with Sunhi and beside him sits a small boy.

Mingook-ah!

I walked closer and Sunhi signals the guy to my direction. She isn't really smiling nor is she frowning, her face is neutral– too neutral.

"I know I'm supposed to call you but–" she took out my phone from her purse, "you left it before you walked out."

I simply smile and went straight to Mingook, not bothered to know who the guy is.

"Omma! Look I have a new hat, this ahjussi bought it for me." He said excitedly and flashes his wide boxish smile that reminds me of Taehyung.

"His eyes were sparkling when he saw those, so I thought why not?" The guy said in fluent korean, though his voice sounds familiar. "I didn't know you got a kid with Taehyung already, that's fast."

And it hit me. This guy, I know this guy. I'm too scared to even look at him.

"Orenmanida, Min Hyera." He holds his hand out and I hesitated to take, but it's better to not show how scared I am of him. I take his hand, holding it tight and sharply turn my head to face him.

"Annyeong, Han Iljoo."

Taehyung oppa, thank you for accepting that gift from me. I know you would be in trouble for going out to meet me, I appreciate it a lot! I already miss you :(

That unplanned meeting with Iljoo a few days ago wasn't bad. Turns out his father sent him here after he got kicked out of school because of that 'attempted murder' issue.

He looks great. He changed his hair colour to dark brown and his lisps seems to be gone, a little bit because at times it would reappear. He looks sophisticated, matured and chill. Not that Han Iljoo from high school that was a dick, nope.

Sunhi had to attend a dinner party of her friends and I refused to go since I'm very awkward with people whom I just known. Mingook is watching tv, trying each and every english word he hears and asks me for the korean translation. Taehyung would be so proud if he knows how his kid is doing.

Taehyung. I haven't heard from him in days. Not that I don't try, I'm just tired of trying and I don't want to stress myself over this while I'm here, I'm supposed to have fun. I didn't bother asking Sunhi about Jimin too because it would probably make Sunhi ask tons of questions.

Iljoo
Wanna take a stroll out and get the kid some ice cream?

Well, a little catching up won't hurt right?

"So would you entertain me with how you got this kid here? Did you kidnap him?" Iljoo raised both of his eyebrows indicating Mingook who is sitting on his shoulders.

I laugh and explained to him how we found Mingook and what happened to his parents. It's kind of very tough for me at the moment because Taehyung isn't being him anymore. I'm just glad Mingook is here to keep me company.

"Oh, I see. So how are you and Taehyung doing? You two lovebirds are sure doing fine, right?"

I didn't answer but instead just walk ahead of him, a faint smile plastered on my face. I'm not supposed to let outsiders know of the details of my relationship but I really can't control my expressions.

"If he did anything to you that upsets you, I'm sure going to upset him more," Iljoo continued.

"Eh, no no. We're fine. His schedules have been tight these few months. We're really fine," I lied. Saying those, my tears threatened to roll down my cheeks. Our tracks were stopped when my phone rang.

Jiminnie

"Ah, excuse me. I have to get this." I said to Iljoo before making my way out of his earshot.

"Yes, Jimin?"

"I'm so sorry Hyera. I'm very sorry."