In Love with Iris

My life was your average everyday life story for a boy raised by his single father. My dad and I ran a dinner that has been in the family since the 1930's. My mom died when she was giving birth to me, which left me to be an only child and a handful for my dad who has been widow for 17 years now. I grew up around the same people, same environment. So I knew when we had a traveler from an other town.

So I bet you may be wondering why I am writing this story. Well, my life was turned around the day I met her.

__

"Hey, Ray? I need you to take care of table 5 then take out the trash." My dad as said as he was taking the payment from the customer paying for their meal "Sure thing boss !"  I replied as I grabbed my note pad and pen from my apron.

"That's my boy!" He said as he patted my back while he gave the customer his receipt and proceeded to the back room.

"Welcome to Pop's and Juniors Dinner. My name is Ray, I will be your server this this morning, How about I start y'all off with some drinks?" As soon as I finished my greeting, The customer to the right put down their menu as they pondered what they would want. The customer had platinum blonde hair and pale skin. When she turned her head to face me as she was about to speak, our eyes met. Those hazel grey eyes looked straight at me. They looked like they would melt the hearts of millions.

"Ahem. Iris are you going to order?" I turned my gaze over to the man across from the girl who he happen to call Iris.
"Oh right! Well, May I have the Cup of Joe's Coffee?" She said as she closed her menu and pushed it off to the side. "With 3 sugars added and two creams?" I wrote down her order and then moved my glance over to the man in front of her. He didn't look no older than she and I, but his vibe felt... old.

"And for you sir?" I said as I waited on his answer.

"Water is fine." He said as he placed down his menu and pulled out his cell phone.

"Alright Ill be right back with y'all s drinks." I said as I rushed back to the kitchen.

"Pops I am gonna need a cup of Joe's coffee with two creams and three sugars and a glass of water." I said and I walked over to the trash bin and threw away the trash.

"I am sorry to trouble you sir, but is their a female in this establishment? She looks like she would stair in one of those twilight movies. Gothic? " A man dressed in a really nice suite said as he walked over towards me, the vibe he gave me was not welcoming.

I shrugged as I threw away the trash and replied to him," I am sorry sir, but I can not disclose that information to you. If you wish to find out please come inside and order a meal." I walked over to the door and just before I began to open, I turned over to the man and said ," Also this is a restricted area.Either you order something or get lost." I walked inside and closed the door behind me. I let out a deep breath as I locked the back door and walked to the sink.

After washing my hands I grabbed the treys and walked over to table 5. When I got to the table I placed the drinks down," A Cup of Joe's coffee, two creams and three sugars, I also place a cup of ice water with your drink as well. " I said as I sat down the girls drinks then proceeded to set down the mans drink," And one water for this fine gentleman." I pulled out my note pad and pen waiting for them to settle down, "Now are you all ready to order?"

"We will be bloody ready when you are not trying to rush us you puke." The man yelled as he sat down his menu.

"Brother!" The girl said as she stared straight at him.

"Excuse my brothers behavior sometimes he can get moody when he doesn't eat properly." She said as she glared at him.

"Anyways, yes I am ready to order, I will have the eggs and Oatmeal special. No cinnamon please." I wrote down her order as she asked for it exactly. When she was done ordering the man opened his mouth and grunted ," I will have the same, no cinnamon."