The Black Jacket

When everything's meant to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

Iris

This chapter is dedicated to:
@liloulove33

Thanks for your support!

(I don't know why I can't tag you. Sorry.)

It was the year 2013 and the school held an anual 'Cultural Night' to celebrate various traditions of the countries here in Asia. As a small part of the program, I was very excited. The whole' Science Curriculum' will perform the 'Chinese Folk Dance' and we all did our best during choreography rehearsals. I feel a bit nervous tho. I never experienced dancing in front of the stage with such massive audiences. I hope I don't make any mistakes.

Later that night and the performance was a success. I made it through one of my biggest fears. All those frustrations really paid off.

As we got off the stage, I suddenly felt dizzy. Maybe it's because of the smoke effects I wasn't informed about. I was the one carrying all the their pompoms and I used them to cover my face. This is bad.

"Anyone! Please assist one of your members. She doesn't look so good.", a teacher called and I felt four hands escort me back to the classroom. This is so embarrassing.

They feed me with cold noodles. Our adviser gave me some medicine and I took them right after I finish my meal. I feel much better now.

I went outside the hallway and sat on the nearest bench. A senior approached me with a bottle of water.

"Thanks, Jules.", I smiled. He pat my head like a small kid. I got to admit, I like it when people do that. It's like my weakness. Some of my schoolmates say I'm a human cat. Is it weird I find that cute?

"It's from Christian.", I tilted my head to the side.

"Is that so? Tell him I said thanks then.", he nod and waved goodbye before walking away, leaving me.

It was already late and the cold air made me shiver. I forgot to bring my jacket today. And unfortunately, the costume I'm wearing is sleeveless. Great.

I wrapped my arms around myself. I'm freezing to death but I can't go back to the room. It's too noisy inside and my headache would only worsen.

It was then when a group of male sat on the other bench next to mine. Christian was with them.

They all looked at me and I averted my eyes down to my lap. Why are they staring at me like that?

"Go give it to her.", I hear one of them say. I sensed someone walking towards me, making me sit still.

Christian took off his jacket and sat right next to me. This is awkward.

"Take it."

"No. It's okay."

"I insist."

He placed his black jacket over my lap. I sighed and grabbed it. I don't feel comfortable around him. But the two of us are very close in the virtual world.

Instead of wearing the coat on to fight the cold, I hang it on the sign board in front of the corridor. Long arms extended at my side and snatched the jacket away. What the...

"When I said take it, I wanted you to put it on.", he hissed.

I protested but he already wrapped it around my shoulder.

"Please."

He smiled at me before retreating back to his friends

I just stand there, clutching on the soft black cloth. His scent lingered all over my body, making me feel warm.

I think I'll keep this. He'll never see this jacket ever again.

[BASED ON TRUE EVENTS]