The New Me

Sometimes, you gotta' change for the better. Others might say that being yourself is something that nobody can take away from you but nobody ever said that striving to be a better person would hurt. Why not give it a shot?

Maybe they would complain. Maybe it will change everything that I started. Maybe it would lead me to a different path which I never heard of. Curiosity will be a friend of mine as I walk this journey to an entirely different world.

The question is... Would they miss me? Would you miss me when you realize I'm gone. That the one you're facing right now isn't the old crazy girl you've known before? Will you miss me?

I guess no. Let's just see once it begins.

The teacher started pronouncing the completers' name one by one. They are all in the same section and the class seems to be very happy at the moment. It is the day they've all been waiting for. But guess what... They weren't expecting they would be included in this ceremony. Most of them, at least.

"Salivia, Jenelyn F."

Oh! Here comes my name. (Well what do you know... My username doesn't have anything to do with my real one now, does it?)

As I march up the stage and the guest speaker hangs the final medal around my neck, I feel like as if I don't deserve any of these at all. It's not like I suck at school (I really do) but I strive but not too much to actually receive a token. Now I know not everyone rewarded is worthy. (Words of wisdom by Yours Truly *Wink* ;) )

"Congratulations!", Ms. Melicent greeted.

"Thank you, Ma'am.", and by the way, you already said that... for the third time. (Damn, if only you guys knew how much I wanted to say that."