Chapter One: A Day in an Abused Life

~Kaitlyn above~

   Kaitlyn lives in an apartment in the small town of Bellwood. This town only has the population of about 843 people and only less that 300 of them are teenagers. The reason may be because the entire town was falling apart and no-one wanted to fix it. The dragon shifters made this town their home, so not many people wanted to stay, The humans did not know of their existence, but they could feel the powerful tension in the town. That's not the only thing that made this town boring though, nothing new ever happened in it. It's as if the whole town was cursed to be boring forever. At least that's what Kaitlyn thinks.

    Kaitlyn is only 18, her parents are dead. She knew her father died from grief, and that her mom was a whore who was killed for an unknown reason. She had been raised in an orphanage, never really caring about her mom, and she barely knew her father. Her past is a distant memory she only wishes to forget, and her secrets are only worse. She is very aware of the existence of the dragon shifters.

    Kaitlyn was born with silver hair that makes her blue eyes look more gray than they actually were. Her face is heart shaped and her cheekbones were defined and high, her body type is the skinny type of curvy that most men think is boring, and on top of that she's short. Since she barely remembers her parents she has no clue which features came from which parent, however she did faintly remember a flash of silver every time her father came to mind.

     Kaitlyn goes to the only school in the whole town that contains every grade, Fanehurst. Where every kid that went there, different ethnicities, and sexualities, all shared the cafeteria, hallways, buses and classrooms. There was only one classroom for each grade. It sounds weird since high school classes normally have more than one class for each subject. However, when the town uses the tax dollars for stupid stuff this is where we end up. Bellwood was such a small town there were only about three to four buses, specifically for school, to take students home. Most of the students there were old enough to have their licenses.

   Kaitlyn puts her bag over her shoulder and walks down the sidewalk away from her apartment complex to the bus stop since her car had broken down before she had pulled out of the parking lot. Thankfully, her young hot neighbor had offered to fix it for her for free. He happened to work at the towns only garage. He also happened to have the hots for her.

    Kaitlyn is in her own thoughts when a honk sounds before her. Kaitlyn looks up startled, the people on the bus are looking out the window and laughing at her. She just rolls her eyes and gets on the bus almost tripping up the stairs, before finding an empty seat and sitting down.

She glances out the window of the bus, seeing the houses that pass by. Some were two-story decent suburban houses and other were expensive looking mansions. The majority of the houses that made up this small town, however, were falling apart due to neglect. Kaitlyn shakes her head, only rich people decided to stay. Her focus was dragged from the window by shouts, two sixteen year old boys were fighting in the back seat. One smacks the other in the face, making it echo across the bus making everyone look in that direction. The boy that was smacked jumps over his seat and pins the other boy punching him in the face. Kaitlyn looks up at the bus driver only to see him jamming out bobbing his head with earbuds in. She shakes her head and rolls her eyes before looking out the window at the boring scenery and thinking about what this year could bring.

'I hope after I finally graduate to move as far away from this hell hole as I possibly can', she thinks.

Kaitlyn is pulled out of her thoughts by someone sitting next to her in the seat.

"What are you thinking about that is so important in your miserable life that you almost miss the bus," a masculine nasally voice asks sneering.

Kaitlyn sighs before rolling her eyes, "It's none of your business, Kirk."

Kirk is her "bully" so to speak but, the thing is he never got under her skin and that made him angry so he hit her when people weren't around. It never hurt her because she ignored it, her life was sort of the type where you don't care anymore, you're numb at all times. She never knew her parents and she now gets beaten by her ex-bestfriend. Kirk stopped being her friend after middle school for some unknown reason, she did think that it was because she caught him kissing a jock behind the bleachers and he saw her before she could walk away unseen. He had been one of the only people who talked to her. Everyone else either didn't know she existed or thought she was a freak. So it was a bit understandable for her to go numb when her only friend turned on her.

Kirk leans toward her ear,"You're going to pay for that comment later," he whispers sneering.

The bus stops, Kirk gets up and stomps off. Kaitlyn is one of the last people off the bus. She trudges to school slowly. When she walks into her classroom, she sees that only a few of the seats were filled, and she walks to the left back corner of the room. Kaitlyn always sits in the left back corner and has since she began high school. This is her last year, she graduates and she can leave this prison.

'Time for the dreaded school day to begin', she thinks to herself.

When the bell rings and the class starts she looks out the windows. Kaitlyn notices she's done this quite a lot lately.

Kaitlyn's thoughts go to the subject that's been on the news lately. Women are disappearing due to 'the man problem' and now that the number of missing women has increased, it's finally to the point that the police are now involving themselves.

'Pretty stupid if you ask me, I would have intervened as soon as the first woman had disappeared', She thinks glaring out the window.

She remembers a story on the television at the cafe she works at when she isn't at school. The story was very peculiar, a woman was just going about her day had apparently been stupid enough to walk through an alley at night, police claiming that maybe she was 'taking a short cut home' and she wasn't seen again pretty unoriginal of a murdering psychotic kidnapper but, the thing is the police found a body days later that they thought to be hers, they weren't one hundred percent sure though, the police just assumed. Unfortunately the body was burned so badly it could not be properly identified. They had sent it to testing but it hadn't come back yet so they couldn't move further into the investigation. Kaitlyn knew, however, it wasn't her body. The dragon shifters aren't stupid but, the police don't know that.

(Yeah so I am now writing all of this on a phone, and I edited this all last year, but I felt the need to make it longer and more detailed... so yea lol I tried to extend it more than my usual 500 or 600. Also I tried to fix my tenses, thank you to the person who pointed that out, it was a MESS. There might be more NEW characters added as well *secret smile* NEVER BE AFRAID OF WHO YOU ARE!!! Edited Completely: Actually rewriting this entire story as of (06/28/2020)Also I'm taking requests for writing ideas for almost anything, if you want to see me write something feel free to inbox me your ideas. Updated (07/16/2022))~