Chapter Seven: Wait... You're who???

~Oh my goddddd, this song... there are no words.~ ^ still listen to this song to this day

Merlon gives Axel a pointed look.

Axel crosses his arms," I can't let you just manhandle my friend."

Kaitlyn huffs and blows her hair out of her face,"Ladies, you can compare private parts after I'm standing on my own two feet."

Merlon grumbles before gently setting her down before glaring down at Axel.
"I'm not glass, you fucking weirdo." Kaitlyn mutters.

Merlon takes a intimidating step towards a shrinking Axel.
"What the hell is going on?" Axel says sweating anxiously.

"I have no clue but, this Neanderthal is annoying me with all his grunting and manhandling." Kaitlyn says in a bored tone looking at her nails.

"Tell me now," Axel says to Merlon gritting his teeth.

Merlon just glares at him. Kaitlyn clears her throat, in an attempt to get the large masses attention. She does it again only to receive nothing but silence.

She stomps her foot before clearing her throat even more dramatically.
"Are you okay? Frog in your throat? Need some water,"Axel asks amused.

"I'm fine, but get that attitude with me again and I won't think twice about shoving my bat up in that dark place you call your asshole." Kaitlyn says switching her glare to Axel. The glare holding more humor than it did with Merlon.

"Spoken like a real Dragon Shifter queen," Merlon says smirking.

Kaitlyn freezes and looks at Merlon before shaking her head confused.

Axel bursts out laughing, "Wait, so her threatening to shove a bat up my ass is something a queen would say?"

Kaitlyn looks at Axel, "Real mature Axel."

Kaitlyn turns her glare back to Merlon.

"I am no dragon shifter," Kaitlyn says looking at Merlon distastefully.

"Your father was, so I'd be damned if you didn't have the blood coursing through your veins," Merlon says clenching his jaw. Merlon brushes imaginary dust off the front of his suit jacket and pulls it straight.

"Keyword was, he's dead at the moment, so don't even think about pushing towards a legacy that doesn't belong to me," Kaitlyn says gnashing her teeth together. Kaitlyn hated talking about her parents. Everyone pities her and talk to her as if she bases her trauma off not even remembering their existence. She lived 18 years without so called parents, not even foster parents. Small, poor towns make it easier to hide.

"You are to be my mate meaning this legacy was given to you the day you were born," Merlon replies suddenly calm although still gritting his teeth.

"Um... Guys I'm confused again," Axel says.

"Axel, My father was a dragon shifter, and my mom was some whore who thought he was just a fling, when she was in actuality his mate, she was human so it didn't affect her quite so much. She cheated on him," Kaitlyn clears her throat," A countless amount of times and he died with grief never knowing my mother was already pregnant with his child even though he wouldn't have been sure it was his in the first place." Kaitlyn says bitterly.

Axel looks at her with wide eyes.

"And this man here is the King of all Dragon shifters," Kaitlyn says doing finger quotes before rubbing her hands down her face.

"So wait, why did it affect him so much?" Axel asked.

"The bonds of a dragon shifter are very fragile," Merlon answers looking at Kaitlyn.

Kaitlyn rolls her eyes, "And being used for sex when feelings are one sided hurts aswell."

The air becomes tense and awkward after that statement and the shuffling of feet fills the silence. Axel eventually clears his throat.

"Merlon the wyrms are after her," Axel says motioning toward Kaitlyn, changing the subject.

Merlons eye snap from Axel back to Kaitlyn.

"I know, my bodyguard notified me of the attack," Merlon mutters.

"So how did you know who she was to you?" Axel asks.

"It's a small town, I sensed it sort of the day she was born, I am over a century old," Merlon mutters.

Kaitlyn has a horrified look on her face at this statement. Axel covers his mouth trying not to laugh at her facial expression.

"You're fucking dust buddy," Kaitlyn says incredulously. She looks him over as if he'll just explode into dust at any second.

Merlon looks at her with a bored look on his face before reaching his hands out to grab her.

Axel's mood suddenly shifts and he pushes Merlon out of the way almost toppling him over, Kaitlyn has a face of both shock and confusion.

Axel narrows his eyes,"I had a chance with her and I have to allow you to take her?"

Kaitlyn's eyes widen in shock at Axel's sudden statement.

Merlon growls and gets into a crouch fighting position.

"Axel.. What the hell?" Kaitlyn asks before bursting into laughter," Where the hell did you manage to store the strength to move the mass?"

Merlon chuckles suddenly with a menacing look on his face, "Your name isn't Axel is it?"

Axel curls his lip,"What's it to you dragon?"

Kaitlyn raises a brow (for like the 100th time).

"Well, I need to know if you're any danger to my mate. It seems your scent is leaking out wyrm." Merlon says cracking his neck sniffing the air slightly. His scales wave under his skin with him being on high alert.

Axel pauses for dramatic effect before his face splits into and evil grin. "Oh, looks like my cover is blown." Axel says running his tongue over his teeth. His teeth sharper and his tongue more serpentine.

"Now I'm confused," Kaitlyn says looking between both men. The tense air turning into something more violent. The slight smell of something burning wafting into the air mixing with something more sea like.

~It's a bit longer. Completely edited (5/22/18) So I'm about to have like three months worth of time on my hands and I will be "trying" to edit all my other books aswell, tweaking and making the tenses the same aswell as making the books longer and getting rid of the unneeded Authors note chapters and just putting them at the end of other chapters.~
(Pffft I made it even longer... man nothing really works out huh?👀 (12/09/2022))