Chapter Twelve

I'm basically done editing, but I will of course reread it and see other mistakes I didn't notice.

Lyonal jogs toward the castle door and into the castle. He trudges down the hall until he sees Merlon and jogs over to him and motions for him to come over to him. He whispers something into Merlon's ear. Merlon's expression becomes annoyed. They both began harshly whispering back and forth.

"Uh...I'm still here?" Kaitlyn says clearing her throat.

Merlon looks at Kaitlyn before continuing the conversation with Lyonal. They quickly finish and Merlon escorts her further down the hallway.

Kaitlyn looks at the walls and floors in wonderment, Merlon just pushes her forward by the small of her back.

"Um, Excuse me mister rude," Kaitlyn says stopping and looking at the details carved into the stone walls.

Merlon just looks more annoyed than before, "Kaitlyn I don't have time to hold your hand while you investigate every brick in the walls".

Kaitlyn makes a noise in her throat before replying sarcastically, " Not all of them but a few to get a feel for the architecture".

Merlon sighs, "I need to get ready for this war because believe it or not Axolot is after you,"

"Okay what did Lyonal tell you?" Kaitlyn asks crossing her arms.

"He almost got shot with a dart of poison that kills dragonshifters, that's how the wyrms combat with their size, since they are a bit smaller, they go for the kill to end the fight faster," Merlon says looking at her.

"So since they're smaller they use poison darts? Why not just gang up on you guys?" Kaitlyn asks crinkling her brow.

"Because Dragons always bring armies, they never fight alone," Merlon answers curtly.

Kaitlyn feels anxious after being told this information, anxious for Merlons safety.

"Let me help," Kaitlyn says.

Merlon looks at her as if she's grown another head.

"What are you going to do? Hit them with the trusty bat you lost?," Merlon says crossing his arms and looking around her.

Kaitlyn narrows her eyes, Lyonal takes this time to shuffle his feet catching their attention.

"Uh... did I interrupt something?" Lyonal says awkwardly scooting along the wall.

Kaitlyn just stands there studying Merlon angrily.

"Yep, let me just-" Lyonal scoots along the wall and scurries down the hall to god knows where.

 Suddenly Kaitlyn jumps on Merlon tackling him to the floor," You were saying?"

Merlon smirks before flipping them over pinning her to the floor," You sure?"

Kaitlyn knees him in the balls, he instantly lets go.

"Yeah, you look like you're in a great deal of pain-" Kaitlyn is interrupt by a loud growl.

Merlon glares at her before going to grab her, but is interrupted by a loud crashing noise and a roar.

Merlon is instantly alert," They're attacking now!"

Kaitlyn curse under her breath," Well, we have to get ready now, and I'm helping whether you like it or not."

"Yeah yeah, just follow me," Merlon leads her into a weapons room, and gets some armor putting it on Kaitlyn.

Kaitlyn looks at the weapons lining the wall, she stops at a mace before smirking and grabbing it.

Merlon rolls his eyes.

Kaitlyn and Merlon run out of the room, the castle is in absolute chaos, people in armor with weapons running in different directions. Merlon stops and starts shouting orders.

"Cover the North and hold position, East and West attack from the sides," He shouts.

Kaitlyn looks at Merlon waiting for him to finish. He grabs her by the arm and runs to a room before pushing her into it and closing the door and locking it from the outside.

"Merlon, what the hell!?" Kaitlyn shouts.

"I am not risking your death, liin," Merlon mutters before walking away.

Edited (9/16/18)