Moving for safety

Marinette's P.O.V

Pain . That is all I feel right now . As a princess , I should not let anyone see me like this , but it was too much to bear . Mother and Father were on their way to an important meeting , when they were in an accident. But this was not likely. It was on purpose. Someone had placed a bomb under the vehicle and it exploded , leaving them dead . My guards and people are on high alert on what could happen . And I was now in charge . But I'm not ready .

"Princess, a word please ."

It was Master Fu . Or grandfather , as I would call him . He was all the family I had left here in China. ( I have no idea about Chinese culture , so if I had mention anything wrong , my deepest apologies.)

"Yes , what is it ?" , I said . He looked around , "follow me ."

We went to the garden and when we made sure no one was around , we went to the secret room . This was built so the royal family could be safe , if ever there was an attack. It was also used to store the most precious family heirlooms. I kept my emotions in check . Rule 18 for a princess : do not show emotions .

"Beloved princess, after your parents unfortunate death , the console thought it best if you would go in hiding ." No , I couldn't , what about my people . They are my responsibility now . "I am afraid I cannot , what would happen to my subjects while I am gone ? " . " Do not fret , the counsel and I will take care of everything , and we sent the most finest and skilled agents in all of China . But there is another problem ."

I was almost too afraid to ask , but a princess does not sit by and procrastinate. "What is it ? " . "You have to leave China ." "Excuse me! " , I exclaimed . "Your highness , please , the murderer of your parents are most likely are coming after you . And you are the last of the royal blood line , we have to protect you ." , Master Fu pleaded .

I thought about it . If I stay , I could get killed and leave my kingdom without a ruler . And if I leave , the killer would try to find me and finish me off . I want to stay , but I have to lure him away from here. My mind is set.

"I'll go ." , I said emotionless. Master Fu smiled , "I'll notify Plagg and Tikki of your arrival." My heart nearly left my chest . Plagg and Tikki. It has been such a long time . They used to babysit me , well , Tkki would , Plagg would just be his lazy self. But to me , they were part of my family . Blood or not. I got up to leave , but Master Fu called me back . "Princess, your mother would have wanted me to give you this . "

( A/N : I do not own this image )

I gasped . It was my mother's lucky bracelet. She told me that dad gave it to her when he courted her and she was given good luck as she told me . I gently held the piece of jewelry in my hands . I put it on and vow to myself never to take it off ." Thank you " , I bowed and left to my room . It feels so lonely here. I would start packing my things , but my maids did that for me . I grabbed my bow and arrow and started to shoot at the targets at the far side of the room .