The Break

A.N. I do not own anything, they all go to their respective owners.

Marinette's P.O.V.

   Weeks have passed since I found out about Lila's betrayal and the wounds still hurt. But on the bright side , Hawk Moth's akumas were being weakened and they were getting more and more easier to catch.

They all had food poisoning. One of them we found a note from Nooroo which states the location on where they are and that he was forced to cooked for them . Which explains why they had the poisoning.

Hawk Moth escaped, but this time , he was all alone . This made the guards relax a bit . They know that I can defend myself well . And they should, I challenge them to fight me from time to time.

I still kept my contact with Alya and Nino and they said that they were in their summer break . I contacted Adrien and he was free for an entire month . So I had an idea .

While Hawk Moth is  in hiding, and I know that the security is tight in every ways that someone is to depart the country, I would go out of the country with my friends. This could make the guards job easier without me in the picture.

I told the council about my idea.

"This is risky your highness , but you are right , Hawk Moth couldn't leave the country even with a fake id , we will talk about this ."

I bowed and left. That actually went better than I expected. I looked at the time and went down to my fencing lessons.

"Stop! Your highness, that was an improvement, but I still advice you to be cautious, act quick but think of the ways he could attack you and block it swiftly."

"Yes , I will , thank you."

I left and went to my archery lessons . It was a bit different than usual. The trainer told us that we have to use our resources to make a bow and arrow and shoot the targets . In 15 minutes. We all looked around and I thought in my head what to use . I found a stick that was already bended , but sturdy. I picked it up and found a rubber band .

I knew what to do . I cut the rubber band and tied it to the stick at both ends . I stretched it a bit. It works , I quickly looked for a way I could make an arrow.

I found a thin stick in a branch . I climbed the tree and took it . I looked at the ground , and hopefully find a sharp rock , aha ! Found it . I grabbed it and tied it to the stick using the string that was hanging from my shirt.

I wondered off a little bit around the area and found some feathers that fell from the birds up the tree. I also found another rubber band in the ground and tied it together. I now have a bow and arrow.

I looked at my watch . I only had 3 minutes left . I ran back with a minute to spare. I wasted no time and shot the target. The sound of the gong echoed. I looked at the others , aside from me , only two others finished the quest.

As a reward, we were let off earlier. I went back up to the palace where they gave me a bottle of water and a towel. I went to my room and took a quick shower. I changed into my finest royal  outfit and went out.

When I reached the throne room , the council was there.

"Your highness, we thought about it and we ...... we agreed to let you go . We booked you and your friends a flight to the private island that queen Agreste gave your mother , but you are to bring 5 guards with you."

I was amazed that they let me go.

"Thank you all so much."

"You better start packing ."