Chapter 8

Chapter 8>> Nearly dying...twice

Song of the chapter>> survivor by destiny's child

(Edited 08/10/2017)

It's officially Halloween! Every night after lessons Orion has been having detentions with Snape, but it's wasn't all that bad, sorting books into alphabetical order and things like that aren't exactly hard.

Anyway, tonight would be the best Halloween anyone in this school would have experienced in their entire lives. Even the ghosts will be shaking with fear! Of course, they may get detentions for the rest of their time at Hogwarts but it'll be worth it, especially as they have worked so hard getting it ready. Earlier today, despite her protests, Fred and she snuck into the kitchens and placed the remedy to make the pasties into puking pasties, into the mixture the house elves were making and planted explosives into the cakes to make them splatter everywhere as soon as George press a button he will hide in his robes.

It's going to be wicked! Orion thought to herself whilst jumping onto Georges back as they head to Quidditch practice.

"Well hello." George laughed and supported her on his back by holding her legs.

"Shit, the brooms!" She exclaimed.

"Calm yourself there munchkin. I've got them." Fred said showing his hands holding three broomsticks. 

"Oh okay, I must be going blind."Orion snorted placing her head on Georges' shoulder.

"Clearly." The person carrying her stated and she slapped  him playfully on the head. "Do you want me to drop you?"

"No," she sheepishly grinned.

"Then behave young one." He smirked.

"I'm only four months and fifteen days younger than you!" 

"So? Your point is?"

"You keep calling me young one George! I'm not that much younger than you."

"Whatever." He chuckled and carried on walking to the Quidditch field. As they reached the field she hopped off of George's back and walked beside Fred to the middle of the pitch standing in front of Oliver.

"Right, as much as we won our last match, we can't let what happened to happen again. Harry, we understand you had an out of control broom, but hopefully, that was a one-off. We need to be ready as our match will possibly be when it snows. So we need to prepare for anything. Is that clear?" Orion nodded her head after Wood finished his little "pep talk" before mounting her broom and flying high into the sky. "Right, Ryan. You will be the other seeker. George, you'll be the opposing beater and Katie you'll be the chaser. Everyone set?!" Wood called before letting the balls roam free.

She fixed her eyes on the tiny but fast golden ball, following its every move. It stopped still and Harry goes after it, but having more practice in quidditch she held back and loomed to the left the snitch turns and heads straight towards her. As soon as it passes her, she urges her broom to go after it, getting faster by the second; stretching her left arm out as far as she could.  She opened her hand and made one swift thrust forward, then clamping my hand shut she caught the golden ball inside of her hand. Harry soon stopped his broom next to hers and she asked him to follow her to the ground.

When her feet touch the grass beneath her, Orion hopped off of her broom and the younger boy copied her actions. Sweat droplets cascade down his forehead and she soon realises the same was happening to her, although she doubted that her face was as red as his, it probably was.