Chapter 24

Chapter 24>> Ron's howler and Lockharts lesson.

Song of the chapter>> Mercy by Shawn Mendes

Orions POV

After being rudely awoken this morning, I trudged up the many stairs to the fourth year dormitory. I change into my spare set of uniform, and bundle down to the common room. I wait for the twins and we join the rest do Gryffindor in the main hall for breakfast.

"Haha, this time last year Malfoy had a busted face. Now it's his father." Ron chuckles as we join them.

"Yeah, and if you're not careful I'll bust your face if you wake me up like that ever again. And if you say anything about chicken running out." I glare at him and he cowers.

"Oh look, mail." Neville cheers and multiple owls drop letters and packages to people.

Errol, however drops a ruby red letter in front of Ron.

"Look everybody." Seamus yells causing the room to fall silent and everyone including teachers looks at Ron. "Ron's got a howler."

"Go on Ron open it." Neville insists. "I got one from my gran once, it only gets worse if you ignore it."

Ron ripped open the seal, Neville shoved his fingers in his ears and everyone watched patiently.

"RONALD WEASLEY! HOW DARE YOU STEAL THAT CAR!! I WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SURPRISED IF THEY'D EXPELLED YOU, YOU WAIT UNTIL I GET HOLD OF YOU, I DON'T SUPPOSE YOU STOPPED TO THINK WHAT YOUR FATHER AND I WENT THROUGH WHEN WE SAW IT HAD GONE!" Mrs Weasley's yell, a hundred times louder than usual, made the plates and cutlery rattle on the table, and echoed off of the stone walls. Ron sank so low in his chair only his crimson forehead could be seen, that and his flaming red hair.

"WE HAD A LETTER FROM DUMBLEDORE LAST NIGHT, I THOUGHT YOUR FATHER WOULD DIE OF SHAME, WE DID NOT BRING YOU UP TO BEHAVE LIKE THIS, YOU AND HARRY COULD BOTH HAVE DIED! I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED, YOUR FATHER IS FACING AN ENQUIRY AT WORK, ITS ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT AND IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT BACK HOME." The letter then turned to Ginny who was further down the table, embarrassed already. "Ooh and Ginny dear, congratulations on getting into Gryffindor your father and I are so proud."

An awkward yet, pleasurable silence fell. The red letter which had been dropped by Ron himself, burst into flames and curled into silver and white ashes. Harry and Ron both sat stunned in front of me, Fred and George looked absolutely horrified themselves at their mothers words and tone.
They had previously received a howler but this, this was ten million times worse.
Percy, looked flustered and angrier than what I can only imagine Mrs Weasley to look like. He clutched onto his prefect and head boy badges so tightly his fingers turned white.
Ginny, looked a mixture of happy and humiliated. One for making her parents proud and the second for being related to a boy in the second day of school, getting a howler.
Although, not long after a wave of chatter erupted in the room and Ron slowly peaked out from under the table.

"I have announcement I make." The blonde bimbo stood at the front in gold robes, looking like a floosy. "This morning, first period I will be taking 2 and fourth years of each house. Your class will be in my classroom still."

He then sauntered out of the hall the majority of the population do girls in the room drooling and their eyes trailing after him. Seriously, are they blind?!?

* * *

All second and fourth year students filed into the rather cramped Defence against the dark arts classroom, which is covered with portraits of the blonde twit himself.

I take my seat in front of the twins and next to Lee. Just as all the girls apart from me, stare dreamily up to the front of the room, where Lockhart emerges.

He reached forward and picks up Neville's copy of 'travels with trolls.' And held it up to show his own winking portrait on the front.

"Me." He points at it, winking too. "Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, third class, Honorary Member of the Dark Force Defence League and five times winner of Witch Weekly's Most-Charming-Smile Award- but I don't talk about that. I didn't get rid of the Bandon Banshee by smiling at her!"

The girls sigh, dreamily, even Hermione is. Yet, I let out a loud snort. Lee, George and Fred snigger and I even see Harry's lips curl slightly.
He waited for some of the students to laugh; a few people smiled weakily.

"I see you've all bought a complete set of my books- well done. I thought we'd start today with a Littl quiz. Nothing to worry about - just to check how well you've read them, how much you've taken in."

I snorted again.

When he had handed out the rest of the test papers he returned to the front of the class and said, 'you have thirty minutes. Start- now!'

I flipped over the front page and looked down at his questions.

1.) What is Gilderoy Lockharts favourite colour?

Easy, 'PINK AND PURPLE'

2.) What is Gilderoy Lockharts secret ambition?

'To dance on a rainbow, in a purple and pink tutu, screaming about his pot of gold.'

3.) What, in your opinion is Gilderoy Lockharts greatest achievement to date?

'Being born.'

It carried on like that for pages and pages until,

54.) When is Gilderoy Lockharts birthday, and what would his ideal gift be?

'His birthday is the 31st of February and his ideal gift would to be intelligent and not a great big poncie fairy.'

Half an hour later, Lockhart collected the papers and rifled through them before the front of the class.
"Tut, tut. Hardly any of you remembered that my favourite colour is lilac and many more questions are wrong. But Miss Granger, all correct. Well done sweetheart." He winks and carries in shuffling through the papers but stops suddenly.
"Oh, but it seems as if we have a comedian. Miss Waterstone, please come up here and read your answers to everyone."

I raise from my seat as people clap, the twins whistling. I snatch the paper from his hands and clear my throat.

"Number one, What is Gilderoy Lockharts favourite colour? My answer is Pink and purple. Number two, What is Gilderoy Lockharts secret ambition? My answer is, To dance on a rainbow, in a purple and pink tutu, screaming about his pot of gold." The room erupts in laughter and I catch a glimpse of Fred who has his thumbs up, and winks at me.

Oh so he's back to winking now.

I carry on reading my answers until I finish and I don't bother giving my paper back, I'm going to send it to my brothers to see what they say.

I retake my seat, and I carry on listening to the pink fluffy bobble at the front of the class.

He lectured on about how it's his job to teach us about how to arm ourselves in front of all creatures known to man, yet I don't take any notice.

I feel my eyes grow heavy, as Lee drops his book on my foot. I cry out in shock and pain, causing the room to fall silent and Lockhart to walk over to me.

"Seems, as if Potter isn't the only attention thirsty child in here. Miss, Waterstone, I let you off for you comedic answers yet I'm sorry but no one interrupts my lessons, detention with me tonight." He flashes a smile at me before returning to the front of the room, just as the lesson ends.

I rush out of the room, not looking back, I just want to get away from an idiotic teacher. Harry and me, attention seeking?!? I'm just speaking the truth and was in pain! Some one please have mercy on me!

What is it with this school and crap DADA teachers?!?

Hey please comment, so I know you're here 🤓⚡️😘

Don't forget to vote/comment/share🤓⚡️