We need to talk II

"What is it Eric?" I asked, avoiding his gaze.
"Brunette.. Nice.." He said with a smug look on his face.
"... Eric..."
"I told you I wanted to talk to you."
"And I told you there's nothing to talk about."
"You're wrong, Stacey. You know that."
"Well I have nothing to say to you. Say what you want and leave."
"Why did you leave without saying goodbye?"
I finally looked at him. "You're really asking me that? You-Raped-Me, Eric. You hurt me. You played with my feelings! Yet you dare ask me why I left without saying goodbye?"
"I never played with your feelings. I loved you. I still do. When you left it felt as if my heart had been physically ripped out of my chest. I searched for you over the years. I was beginning to think that you had died. I almost gave up. You have no idea how hard it's been for me. And now that I've finally found you, you're going to get married to some guy? No Stacey.. That's not going to happen. You are mine."
"I see you on tv Eric. You change your girlfriend every month! And you expect me to believe that you love me? You must think I'm pretty stupid." I snapped.
"They all meant nothing to me, I swear... Stacey, I love you... Please just... let me explain."
"I'm listening."
He sighed. "I was drunk, and heartbroken. The girl I was going to propose to was cheating on me with my own friend. When I saw you in the woods I thought you were Jane... And... all I could think of was... punishing you. I'm really really sorry."
"Okay."
"'Okay' as in... I'm forgiven and you're coming back to me?"
"No! You hid it from me. You said nothing about it to me when you got the chance. We could have... worked things out."
"Stacey please understand. I was too ashamed! And I loved you. I didn't want to lose you."
"I'm still getting married."
"He's not the man for you Stacey." He said bitterly.
I laughed. "And who is? You? I don't think so."
"Do you love him?"
I turned back to face the window. "Yes I do."

Even I don't believe that.

He got up and made his way towards me. "Look into my eyes and tell me that, Stacey."
"You heard me the first time."
"I don't believe you."

He slowly turned me to face him.
With his eyes staring intently into mine, he asked again. "Do you love him?"

No.

"Why aren't you answering?"
"...I uh.. Yes.. I.. do."
"You're lying. I know you are."
"Mommy..?"
I quickly moved away from Eric and went to hug my daughter. "Hi princess.. How was your first day of school?"
"It was fun!!! My 'chicha' gave me toffee."
"That's nice baby."
"Mama... who is the 'andsam' man?" She asked, pointing at Eric.

Your father.

"Oh.. Uh.. He's.. a friend."
Kim slowly walked to Eric and looked up at him.  "I look like you... We have the same eyes!" She squeaked.

Oh God.

"Uh.. Kimberly? Why don't you and Angela go get some ice cream? Mommy will just wrap up so we go home okay?"
"Okay Mama."

She waved Eric before hurrying off to find Angela.

Silence.

I looked everywhere but Eric.

"Stacey." He called my name in a serious tone.
"Mm?" I answered, still avoiding his gaze.
"Is she mine?" His voice was gruff.
"Y-y-yes."
"You kept her from me all these years." He said, raising his voice.
I gulped. "C-calm down... Just let me-"
"And now you're going to let another man raise her! How the fuck do you expect me to calm down." He roared.

I flinched.

"Were you even planning on letting me know about this?"

I shook my head then slowly looked into his eyes which were now blood red.

"There's no way in hell I'm letting that man raise my daughter, Stacey!" He stormed out and slammed the door behind him.