TWELVE

The play was finished and so was the school year. Professor Dumbledore awarded thirty house points to everyone who took a part in the play which gave Gryffindor the lead for the House Cup. Unfortunately, we lost the Quidditch Cup to Ravenclaw in the finals, but that was only because a bunch of the team members including James and I were so focused on other things. There was always next year though.

When we reached Kings Cross station after long train ride home, it brought back many memories. Like the first time I saw James after a long absence and the first time I met Sirius Black. He wasn't all that bad anymore. We tolerated each other, but that didn't mean that the pranks were to ever stop. 

"You have to come and visit this summer James. There is absolutely no exceptions anymore now that I'm back. We bloody live right across from each other." I say once I spot my parents. I give him a hug, and wave goodbye before going in the direction of my mum and dad. 

"Bye Eliza!" Sirius calls from beside James. I turn and give him a smile and a wave before leaving. Just before my parents pack the car up I see Julia and Kaitlyn and tell them they have to come and stay for a bit. They both totally agree with this and we all promise to write this summer.

"See you!" I wave to them before I get into my car. I am shocked to see Petunia sitting in the back with Lily and I.

"Petunia! What a surprise! You should have told me you were making an appearance! I would have dressed up for such an occasion!" I say and Lily laughs. Petunia gives me a glare before staring out the window, completely ignoring us.

"Okay then." I mutter to myself and turn towards the other window. Lily had to sit in the middle. It's not long until we pull into the familiar drive. My house was one of the larger ones in this community along with James'. My parents were well off muggles with stable jobs that brought in a sizable income. 

When we get to our house and park the car, I open the truck and grab my cases before going into my home. I smile when I set foot into the foyer. It was so good to be home and it's been so long. I set my trunks down when I get to my room and instantly flop onto the bed. I contemplating whether or not to take a nap but opt against it when I see the sun peaking through the shades. I go and release the blinds before looking onto the street. I stare at James' house then at that old mans'. Guilt still courses through me when ever I think about that I had caused and it makes me never want to do it again. 

"Mum? I'm going to take a shower, yeah? Just knock on the door if you need anything!" I call down the stairs before heading into the bathroom and turning on the water. I strip of the dirty clothes from the train and step into the shower. I rinse and clean my hair and body before stepping out again and drying off. I wrap my hair up in a towel and slip a fluffy robe on my body. Then I go to my room and search for something to wear. I find a pair of shorts with little roses on them and remember the perfect shirt to go with them. I search around for what seems like an hour but in reality was only about five minutes before concluding that they must be somewhere else. Still in my robe, I walk downstairs to ask my mum.

"Mum!" I said as I walked down the stairs. I checked the kitchen before going to look in the family room, "Do you know where... oh, hi." 

I stop what I'm about to ask when I see two sixteen year old boys sitting on the sofa. I subconsciously tighten my bath robe and my cheeks flush with a pink hue.

"What are you two doing here?" I ask awkwardly. This was not a situation I was prepared for. James gives me a smile and I'm pretty sure Sirius is staring at me. 

"We came to see if you wanted to hang out at my house. My parents really want to see you again." James tells me brightly. I remember his parents, they were kind. I haven't seen them in years.